We all are witnesses that QuickBooks is one of the most prominent accounting software that entrepreneurs prefer. But, a few technical bugs occur while working on this software. You may encounter QuickBooks Error 1904 is an error that displays up when users try to either install or update the QB software in their computer system.
Generally, damaged MS Virtual C++ files lead to this failure, but of course, some other factors can trigger this QuickBooks installation error 1904 that are below-provided. If you encounter such a glitch, go through this blog and learn how to eliminate the problem with ease.
In case you meet any difficulty while implementing these steps, reach out to QuickBooks experts at +1(800)-314-0226 (toll-free). They will help you remotely to fix the error 1904 in QuickBooks.
Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Error 1904 Module Failed To Register
Below are some solutions that will help you to eliminate QuickBooks Error 1904 Module Failed To Register.
Solution 1: Get QuickBooks Tool Hub and Run the QB Install Diagnostic Tool
The QuickBooks Tool Hub is designed to help users by fixing common software errors. Firstly, download the recently published version of QB Tool Hub on your system.
- Shut down QuickBooks.
- Download the tool hub. (If you already have, ensure that it is the latest one.)
- Open the setup file (exe).
- Accept the terms & conditions and install the program.
- After installation, double-click on the QB Tool Hub icon to open it.
- Next, you need to click on Installation Issues.
- Proceed further by clicking on QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Wait until the tool run. It may take approx 20 mins.
- When the process ends, restart your PC and launch QuickBooks.
If you can smoothly able to operate QuickBooks, your QuickBooks 2017 error 1904 is solved.
Solution 2: Change Account Settings Of Your Windows OS
Switch to the System Administrator account and make some precise settings carefully.
Step 1. Power up as a windows admin
- Open the Windows system and click on the Start menu.
- Write down CMD into the search box.
- Right-click over the command prompt icon and then opt for Run as Administrator.
- In the command window, type “net user administrator /active:yes” >> press Enter. When the command is processed, close this page.
- Click on the Windows Start button and then sign out.
- Choose the account profile that states administrator and log in.
Step 2. Edit your user permissions
- Again click on the Start menu.
- Type File Explorer and hit enter to open it.
- Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files.
- Do a right-click on the Common Files folder and then select Properties.
- Move to the Security tab >> Edit.
- In the Group/user names area, click on Users.
- Go to the Permissions for Users section and enable the further permissions: Modify, Read, Write, Read & execute, List folder contents.
- Lastly, click on Apply >> OK.
Step 3. Reinstall QuickBooks and sign out
Go for this step only when you have a sound understanding of installing and uninstalling software because it may lose your data or damage your company file.
- Perform a clean uninstallation process of QB and then install it again.
- Now, sign out from the administrator account.
- Sign in to your windows general user account.
- Go to the Start
- Again type CMD into the search section. Once you get the command prompt in the list, right-click on it and select Run as administrator.
- Write down “net user administrator /active:no” on the command page and tap the Enter This action hides your admin account.
After performing this solution, the issue will no longer present. In case you are still getting QuickBooks 2015 error 1904, you need a technical specialist.
Solution 3: When You Get QB Error 1904 While Installing Adobe Flash Player
- Run the QB Install Diagnostic Tool.
- When it gets completed, Go to the Start menu.
- Type “Control Panel” and tap the Enter button to open it.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Find and select Adobe Flash Player ActiveX from the programs list and then click on Uninstall.
- Now, uninstall the software from your PC.
- Download the Adobe Flash Player from the official website of Adobe and install it again.
We hope that with the help of the above solutions, you have resolved QuickBooks Error 1904. If you’re getting the same error message on your screen, the error might be promoting due to a strange reason. In that case, you need to contact a technical professional. Call us at +1(800) 314-0226 immediately to communicate with our certified QuickBooks Error Support experts.