QuickBooks often hindrances your work, and most common errors in the QB software come up due to the same reasons. “QuickBooks Error 12157” is also a typical error that strikes while working on it. Several reasons can be there behind this error, but improper software installation is one of the most recognized causes of QuickBooks update error 12157. If you want to eliminate it, go through this article and learn how to deal with this glitch in simple troubleshooting steps.
If you’re looking for an immediate resolution of Error 12157 in QuickBooks, reach out to our QB support team at +1(800) 314-0226 and speak about your difficulty with technical experts.
What are the reasons behind QuickBooks Error 12157?
Below are some factors that can trigger QuickBooks Error 12157. These causes will help you eliminate the failure from the root.
- You may have a broad range of framework disputes, PC registry glitches, and Active X problems.
- Wrongly preferred Firewall program limited setups and Internet safety apps from reaching the internet.
- Damaged ‘.ND’ and ‘TLG’ files can also pop up Error 12157 in QuickBooks.
- If the software was not installed successfully, an internal error usually shows up.
How to deal with QuickBooks Error Code 12157?
Check out the following methods that are effective and sugged by experts to eliminate QuickBooks Error Code 12157.
Method 1: Reset your system’s date and time
Erroneous date/time on the computer system is one of the major reasons for the appearance of QuickBooks Error 12157, so it is significant to eliminate this cause. You can consider the below-given instruction to reset the date and time of your PC.
- Move your cursor to the clock available at the right bottom of the computer’s screen.
- After pointing there, right-click on it.
- After that, click on the Adjust Date/time option from the list.
- Choose or specify the actual current date and time as well.
- After correcting the time and date, you’ll have to click on OK.
- Click on close the QuickBooks to proceed further.
- Now, reopen the QuickBooks application.
- Lastly, the user should run the QuickBooks update and observe whether the error persists.
Method 2: Restore the computer system
To apply this method, you’ll need to go through the following steps:
- Start your PC as a system administrator.
- Click on the start icon and then follow the clicks all applications > accessories > computer tools > system repair option.
- Once done with that, the user needs to open a new page and then click on the Reinstall the PC option.
- After that, click on Next.
- Now, click on restore point > Next by selecting the advanced system to restore the point.
- On the confirmation window, click on Next.
- At last, reboot the system.
Method 3: Reconfigure the internet connection settings
Wrongly configured internet connection settings may also show up with this type of glitch. In such situations, you should check out the following steps:
- First of all, open QuickBooks.
- After that, visit the help menu.
- Here, you need to select the Internet connection setup.
- Choose to Use my computer’s internet connection settings to build a connection when this app accesses the internet.
- Once done with that, you are required to hit a click on Next.
- To proceed further, click open the advanced connection settings.
- Now, move to the advanced tab.
- Here, choose the restore advanced settings option.
- Finally, hit OK and then done.
By following the above-described attainable methods, you have fixed QuickBooks Error 12157, we hope. In case the same failure is still popping up on your desktop screen, you will need to take help from QuickBooks Error Support experts at toll-free number +1(800) 314-0226. They will understand your problem and provide a prompt solution to your QB-related problem.