QBDBMgrN not running on this computer is such an error in QuickBooks that shows up when the software faces any failure with QBDBSM. Basically, the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is a functionality that enables users to operate the software in multi-user mode. QB users usually encounter this error while working in multi-user mode when the QuickBooks Database Server Manager Failed to Start. By taking some proper actions, you can eliminate the root cause behind this error.
Various reasons may lead to the “QBDBMgrN keeps stopping” issue, and similarly, you need to execute different methods to resolve it. We have described the possible causes and effective solutions to get rid of “QBDBMgrN not running on this computer 2018“.
We have described all the possible solutions in this post. However, you are still unable to resolve this issue, call our toll-free number +1(800) 314-0226 and get your error resolved.
Root Causes of QuickBooks Database Server Manager Stopped
Every error comes up because of some technical issue. If you face QuickBooks Database Server Manager Stopped working error, the below-mentioned points may lead to it.
- Unsuitable configuration of your Windows Firewall.
- QBDBSM (QuickBooks Database Server Manager) is not up to date.
- A hindrance in QuickBooks Network Descriptor file (.ND files).
- Improper installation of QBDBSM.
- Using 3rd Party security or firewall program is preventing your QuickBooks to run.
- QBD app is unable to interact with the internet.
- Software is unable to access the QBW company data.
- Any failure with multi-user mode.
How To Deal With QuickBooks Database Server Manager Won’t Start Error?
If you cannot operate the QB Desktop app in multi-user mode, you may probably be getting QBDBMgrN not running on this computer server 2012 error. We have listed some troubleshooting methods for when the QuickBooks database server manager won’t start.
Solution 1: Verify Hosting Settings on your PC and the Server
- First, start QuickBooks on your system and go to the File.
- From the File tab, select Utilities and then click on the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option in case it is enabled. (QB Stop Hosting Multi-User Access)
- If you find the Host Multi-User option in this list, then this shows the hosting settings are fine on your system. (QB Host Multi-User Access)
- Next, go to the Computer Server and open the QuickBooks application on it.
- Again go to the File tab and click on Utilities.
- Check that the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option is showing there.
- If there is displaying Host Multi-User Access, click on it to change into Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
Solution 2: Update the Windows Firewall
Follow the below-given instruction to update your Windows Firewall.
- Tap Windows+R at the same time on your keyboard.
- Type Control Panel in the provided area.
- Press Enter and choose the System and Security option.
- Open the Windows Firewall and click on Check for Updates below the Update your
- Firewall Settings.
- Check if any update is available there. If yes, then click on Update Now.
- Then, wait for the process to finish.
- Later, Restart your PC and then Open QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Restart QuickBooks Database Server Manager Service
If “QBDBMgrN not running on this computer server 2016” is not resolved using the above procedure, follow the below-listed steps.
- Again press the Windows + R key together to start the Run window.
- Enter Services.msc in the Run box and hit the Enter button.
- Come down by scrolling and search for QBDBSM Service mentioned as either QuickBooksDB26, QuickBooksDB27, or QuickBooksDB28. (Where the last two digits reflect the version of the software).
- Now, right-click the exact QB Database Server Manager Service and click on Restart.
- Lastly, try to open the software again. If the QuickBooks database server manager is not running on the server error continues, then try the next solution.
Solution 4: Repair the Existing Version of QuickBooks Software
- Press Windows + R to bring up the Run window and type appwiz.cpl in the box > Hit the Enter key.
- Find the QuickBooks from this installed program directory.
- Next, you need to pick this QuickBooks app and click n Uninstall/Change option located at the top of the window.
- Now, follow the sequence of clicks, Continue > Next > Repair > Next.
- Wait until the repairing process gets finished.
- Once the process is finished, click on Finish and Restart the application.
Solution 5: Perform a QuickBooks Desktop Software Re-installation
If the problem is not fixed yet, follow the below-given steps to fix the QBDBMgrN not running on this computer 2019 error. In case you are unable to resolve this error even after following this method, you have the privilege to communicate with our QB experts.
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Look for the QuickBooks app from the displayed list.
- Choose this QB program and then click on Uninstall.
- Execute the basic procedure of uninstalling software.
- Open the QuickBooks legit website to download the new setup file of the software.
- Pick your Country and QB Version to proceed further.
- Click on the search section, and the Download option will appear.
- Finally, Download QuickBooks.
- Go to the download folder of your PC and install the application.
- After that, provide subscription details.
- Once it is installed, reboot your system.
Hopefully, your QuickBooks Database Server Manager is working well now by using the above-described resolutions. However, if you are still facing QBDBMgrN not running on this computer 2019 and need help, you can directly speak to our technical expert by dialing our QuickBooks Error Support Number +1(800) 314-0226.