QuickBooks contains several outstanding features and useful tools that make it one of the best accounting software. What if you notice QuickBooks Has Stopped Working or Not Responding Error on your computer screen while opening the software. Also, QB users often complain that “My QuickBooks not responding.”
If you’re facing this issue, you don’t need to panic because it’s a very common error that can be fixed in a few simple steps. Today we are going to discuss How to Fix QuickBooks Has Stopped Working Error. So you must read this post till the last to understand and rectify this problem with ease.
However, if you feel difficulty while rectifying the QB not responding issue, we suggest you call us at our toll-free number +1(800) 314-0226 . Our QuickBooks Customer Service Team is always available to help you.
Causes for QuickBooks Has Stopped Working or Not Responding Error
- When the company name exceeds the provided maximum limit set, an error may appear.
- The file named QBWUSER.INI gets corrupt or missing, QB stops working.
- Your system’s hard drive is corrupted due to any malware infection or virus threats.
- Inappropriate installation of QuickBooks accounting software or any critical file is missing or corrupted.
- Your Windows OS might not be performing well.
What should we do when QuickBooks is not responding?
We have provided below some easy and effective methods to fix QuickBooks Not Responding Error. You need to undergo these methods without missing any step.
Method 1: Use QuickBooks Refresher Tool
QB Refresher helps in stopping QB processes that are conflicting QB running in the background. This exceptional tool will also do a modest repair on your QuickBooks. The steps are given below.
- Firstly, close all QB versions.
- Now you need to download the QBRefresher tool from the official website.
- Put the downloaded file on the desktop for easy access.
- Now, install and run this tool.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Finally, check for QuickBooks has stopped working error.
Method 2: Use the QB Install Diagnostic Tool
If the problem is not fixed, then follow these steps to use QB Install Tool:
- From the Intuit official website, download the QB Install Diagnostic Tool and put it on your desktop.
- Now, you have to close all those programs that are currently running and run the Install Tool.
- Once the toll process is done, your computer will require to restart the window.
- Restart the pc and check the issue status. If it still exists, go to the next method.
Method 3: Rename QBWUSER.INI File
- First, open Windows File Manager and go to the path \Users\User Name \AppData\Local\ Intuit\quickbooks and search for the QBWUSER.INI file.
- If the file is not present there, then select Folder and Search Options under the Organize tab located at the top left corner of the page.
- Below the View Tab, put a mark on Show hidden files, folders, or drives column.
- Now you need to click Apply and then OK.
- The file will be visible now.
- Right-click the file and opt for Rename.
- Add “.OLD” at the end of this file name, for example (QBWUSER.INI.OLD).
- At last, open QuickBooks and re-check if the QuickBooks has stopped working error is eliminated or not yet.
- If not, then proceed with further methods.
Method 4: Access the file from a different location
- Press Windows + E simultaneously using your keyboard.
- A new page will open.
- Here, find a .qbw extension data file.
- Once you get the file, right-click on that, and select copy.
- Open C: Drive and create a new folder with the QBTEST name.
- Paste the file into it by pressing CTRL+V keys at the same time.
- Open QuickBooks by pressing and holding CTRL-key.
- Go to Open or Restore an already created company file.
- Open the QBTEST folder and notice that “QuickBooks is not responding.” is fixed or not.
Method 5: Turning off your anti-virus program
- Shut Down all the applications running in the windows and Restart the computer.
- Once your Computer system is opened properly, open the QuickBooks Desktop again.
- Now, disable all the security software like Antivirus or Malware protector software. This is a technical method that varies for the different software, and it requires technical experts.
Method 6: Create a New Windows Admin User
- To create a new admin user, you need to click on Start and then go to the Control Panel.
- Afterward, go to Add or Remove User Accounts.
- Manage Accounts Page will open, select Create a New Account.
- Type the Account Name and click Create Admin account.
- Scroll the page and click on the Create Account option.
- Now you are done! You have successfully created a new windows admin user account.
Step 7: Reinstall Your Windows Operating System
Before reinstalling your OS, make sure to take a backup of your company file because reinstalling Windows will fully delete QuickBooks and all the data files from the computer. You can ask your nearby IT professional to install an up-to-date Windows on the computer or speak to our experts for assistance.
Hopefully, this article will help you settle QuickBooks Has Stopped Working or Not Responding Error. But in case the above-mentioned steps didn’t fix the problem, and you are still striving to get rid of this error, the issue might require you to perform superior troubleshooting on your computer system. You can contact us at our QuickBooks Error Support Number Team. Dial +1(800) 314-0226, and one of our QB experts will quickly rectify the issue.