QuickBooks accounting software has helped numerous business owners in different industries worldwide to streamline their financial tasks. Sometimes, performing banking tasks, you may encounter some errors. QuickBooks Error OL-222 is one of the most occurring banking errors in this software that occurs when users attempt to import the QB company file from your official banking website.
Also, Read the blog: Can’t Open Your Company File in QuickBooks
It is a critical error that may lead to trouble if you don’t fix it on time. In this article, we have provided some easy methods to resolve this QuickBooks error code message OL-222. So you don’t need to worry, just read this post till the end.
Facing issue fixing QuickBooks Banking Error OL-222 or need expert’s support? Call us at our toll-free number +1(800) 314-0226 and discuss your issue with our QB experts and ask to resolve it shortly.
Causes that May Lead to Quickbooks Desktop Error OL-222
The following reasons may lead to Error OL-222, and users face QB unable to verify Financial Institution.
- When QuickBooks does not get a precise response from your Financial Institution or Bank, the error may take place.
- Wrongly formatted ‘.QBO’ file that needs some modifications from the banking website.
- When the software found unsupported attributes in the ‘.QBO’ file.
- Sometimes improper formatting of the QuickBooks company file may lead to this Intuit QB error message code OL-222.
- Attributes in the QuickBooks online banking file (.QBO file) must be obedient to the OFX (Open Financial Exchange) that established the norms for transferring banking data with the QuickBooks desktop.
Methods to Eliminate QuickBooks Error Code OL-222
We have described below the most utilized and proven methods to fix QuickBooks error message OL-222.
Fix 1: Keep Up to Date QuickBooks to the Latest Release
This is the basic step to update your QB accounting software to the latest released version available and try again to import the company file from your financial institution’s official website.
- Open the QBD and check if there is any further QuickBooks update possible. If yes, you have to update your software.
- Next, you should prepare a backup file of your company file.
- Try to import the ‘.QBW’ file from your banking site.
Fix 2: Issues with the ‘.QBO’ File Formatting
Improve the wrong formatting of the QuickBooks application. Incorrect formatting is one of the major reasons for QuickBooks error OL-222.
- First, you need to right-click the ‘.QBO’ file and choose Edit.
- Pick any text editor app on your computer to open the file.
- Look for & and remove it from the text as & is an invalid character.
- Click on the File tab and opt for Save.
- Now, close the file and initiate it again in the QB software.
- Check the issue. If it persists, follow the further troubleshooting method.
Fix 3: Download FIDIR.txt file over Again
Before you follow this method, ensure that you have taken the QuickBooks company file backup and the QuickBooks desktop is closed.
- First, you should copy the entire text from the FIDIR.txt window.
- Create a new file and paste the copied text.
- Save the new file on your desktop, where you can easily get it with the name FIDIR.txt.
- Delete the previous FIDIR.txt file.
- Tap the Option key on your keyboard.
- In the finder program, click GO and then Library.
- Go to the path- ApplicationSupport /com.intuit.QuickBooks YEAR / Downloads.
- Here you need to delete the FIDIR.txt file.
- After that, access QuickBooks from the Finder program.
- Hold the control key on your keyboard and double-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- You will see a context menu, then click on Show Package Contents.
- Then, open the content folder in a new folder.
- Next, open the Resource folder, then find the FIDIR.txt file and delete it from your computer.
- Copy the new FIDIR.txt file you created earlier and paste it by pressing the Ctrl +V key into the Downloads & Resources folder.
- Lastly, try to import the ‘.QBW’ file once again and check for the issue.
We hope that after following these above-mentioned steps, you can resolve QuickBooks Error OL-222 with ease. If you’re still struggling with this issue, we suggest you dial our QuickBooks Error Support Number +1(800) 314-0226 anytime.