When users try to open the company file in QuickBooks, they might notice QuickBooks Database Maintenance Repair Is In Progress error message on their computer screen. Basically, we use the QuickBooks Database Maintenance Repair Tool to identify and remove any damage or corruption across the server and ensure seamless QuickBooks functioning.
While getting the QuickBooks Database maintenance in progress error message, you will need to perform the data recovery to resolve this error. Before that, you have to understand the data recovery requirements in QuickBooks.
Are you looking for expert help? Dial our toll-free number +1(800) 314-0226 to get in touch with our QuickBooks desktop experts and resolve this error shortly.
What are QuickBooks Database Maintenance Issues, their causes, and solution?
You may encounter these “QuickBooks Database Maintenance Issues” in both Online and Desktop versions. These errors may come up in various following forms.
- QuickBooks Desktop fatal error.
- Errors in your financial records, such as the incorrect value of bills or invoices.
- Transactions missing.
- Missing names from the list.
- Various QuickBooks Error Codes from 6000 series.
Reasons Behind QB Database Maintenance Repair Is In Progress Issue
The following reasons may lead to this QB Database Maintenance Repair Is In Progress Error.
- The host server is not set up to manage the company file in multi-user mode.
- Any other user in the network is working on an update of the server while accessing the company file.
- The QB company file that you are working on is damaged or corrupt.
Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Database Maintenance Repair Is In Progress
This QB error comes up due to various causes. Accordingly, you can utilize different methods to fix the “QuickBooks Database Maintenance Repair Is In Progress.” The below-provided methods will be helpful to resolve this error with ease.
Solution #1: Use Auto Data Recovery Tool To Recover Files
Below are the files you will need to recover using the auto data recovery tool.
- Quickbooks Data file (.QBW)
- Transaction Log file (.TLG)
- Older files of the Quickbooks Data backup (.QBW or . QBB or . QBM)
Solution #2: Use QuickBooks Verify and Rebuild Data Utility
QB Verify and Rebuild Data Utilities both work to detect and resolve data damage issues in QuickBooks.
- Close all the running programs and start QB.
- Go to File and click on Utilities and then Verify Data.
- In case you are noticing a “no further action is needed” message, it indicates your company record file is fine.
- Or getting the “Your data has lost integrity” statement, you need to know that your data is corrupted and needs to get repaired utilizing the Rebuild Data Utility.
- Now follow the further clicks: Choose File > Utilities > Rebuild Data, and it will help you prepare a backup of the company file on your pc.
- As the backup process finishes, the Rebuild Data utility will automatically begin repairing your infected company file.
- Once you notice the message: “Rebuild is completed,” click on OK.
After this, you need to run the QB verify tool again to verify if a data corruption issue is resolved or not yet.
- Verify that no other users are working on the company file or even the server.
- Check that the company file hosting is set up properly on the server.
- Repair QBD Company file using the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
We hope this post will be helpful to eliminate QuickBooks Database Maintenance Repair Is In Progress error. In case you feel difficulty while executing these methods, call us at the QuickBooks Error Support Number +1(800) 314-0226 and get in touch with our skilled QB experts.