QuickBooks Outlook is not responding issue makes you unable to send emails through QB application. It happens because your antivirus program might be blocking the emails you send from QuickBooks. However, this is usually a setting problem that you can fix by making some proper changes. You can use the following solutions when QuickBooks says Outlook is not responding. These methods are very efficient and suggested by experts to get rid of this outlook error in QuickBooks.
In case you’re looking for an expert to fix QB Outlook is not responding with Office 365, call our toll-free number +1(800) 314-0226 and speak to certified advisors.
Also, Read the blog: QuickBooks Error OL-393
What are the reasons behind Outlook is not responding in QuickBooks?
Below are some of the primary reasons that may lead to Outlook is not responding in QuickBooks 2019:
- You are not using your Windows Operating System as an Administrator.
- Wrong email configuration in QuickBooks.
- Email settings are not configured properly in Windows Internet Explorer.
- Issue with QuickBooks Desktop installation.
- Unfinished installation of Outlook application.
- When the Microsoft Outlook app is previously running in the background, and users are trying to send emails using QB, this error may come up.
- Damage in the email configuration (MAPI32.dll) file.
Fix QuickBooks Pro 2018 outlook is not responding issue:
You will need to follow the proper methods to remove the root cause in order to resolve QuickBooks Pro 2018 outlook is not responding error.
Solution 1: End outlook-related tasks from the task manager
- Open Task Manager or directly press CTRL+Shift+ESC at the same time using your keyboard to open it.
- On the task manager, go to Processes Tab.
- Look for the Outlook task in the list and select it.
- Next, click on the End Process button to force stop this program.
- Restart Outlook and attempt again to send an email to check if the issue is resolved or not yet.
- If still facing the same screen, consider the next solution.
Solution 2: Make Sure that QB Sets Prefer to Run as an Admin
- Do a right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon and choose Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab, and untick the “Run this Programming as Admin checkbox.”
- If you see the option is already unchecked, click on the Apply option.
- Now, click the OK button and reboot your computer.
- Lastly, check whether the issue is solved or not. If it continues, move to the next solution.
Solution 3: Validate Email Preferences for QuickBooks
- Open the QuickBooks > click on the Edit tab.
- From the Preferences, click the Send Forms.
- Now, click on the “My Preference” tab > Send Email Utilizing.
- Proceed further by clicking OK.
- Next, click the Edit tab and opt for Preferences again.
- Again select Send Forms and then the “My Preference” tab.
- Choose QuickBooks and click on OK.
- Click the Edit option and then Preferences.
- Select Outlook and click OK.
- Exit out from the QuickBooks and open Outlook Application.
- Restart the Windows system, and try to send an email through QuickBooks again.
Solution 4: Review Internet Explorer’s Email Preferences
- Log out the company file and quit the QuickBooks if open.
- Launch Internet Explorer on Windows OS.
- Click the Setting (Gear icon) located at the top and click on Internet Options.
- Drag the cursor to the Programs tab and do a click on the Set Default option.
- Hit a click Set your Default Program section.
- Next, select the Outlook (desktop) option and then the Set as Default Program option.
- Now, Click OK.
- Close the Internet Explorer.
- Using QuickBooks, try to send an email again.
- If QB Outlook Freezes while Sending Email even after configuring Outlook as default email, check out the further troubleshooting steps.
Solution 5: Repair Infected MAPI32.dll File
- Close running programs on Windows.
- Open Windows File Manager or navigate the path C:\ Windows\ System32 folder.
- Locate the Fixmapi.exe file and double-click on it.
- If you can’t find the file there, you can manually search it from the search section.
- Once the tool fixes the MAPI32.dll file error, open QuickBooks and try to send an email.
These are the methods you can apply when facing QuickBooks Outlook is not responding to fix it manually. We hope the above steps will be helpful to resolve this error. In case you are still facing this error after applying all the solutions, we recommend considering our QuickBooks Support experts by dialing the toll-free number +1(800) 314-0226 and get rid of the problem shortly.
Also, Read the blog: qbdbmgrn not running on this computer