QuickBooks is a widely known accounting software that has fulfilled the bookkeeping needs of several businesses. Like any software, it shows different kinds of glitches in the application while performing various tasks, and “QuickBooks Error OLSU-1024” is one of them. It takes place when users try to create an account to synchronize bank feeds.
What is QuickBooks Error OLSU-1024?
QuickBooks Pro Error OLSU 1024 can be caused due to various factors when you create a profile to sync your banking data. Sometimes, it pops up due to an infected company file or the presence of any virus in your computer system. If you’re facing this problem, go through the methods discussed in this blog below.
Note: While resolving OLSU 1024 in QuickBooks, if you come across any problems, speak your issue to QuickBooks technical professional at +1(800) 314-0226 (toll-free).
Primary Reasons for QuickBooks Bank Feed Set up Error OLSU 1024
The following are the primary known causes behind QuickBooks Bank Error OLSU 1024. You must check these out before going to fix the issue.
- FIDIR is not present at the required place.
- You have not updated your QB software to the currently available version.
- Virus or malware may be infecting the QuickBooks company data file.
- If your Financial Institution Directory (FIDIR) file is unable to record your bank’s data.
- The QuickBooks error OLSU-1024 also appears due to Windows corruption.
Now let’s move to the solutions
How to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Error OLSU 1024?
If you come across “An Error Occurred While Updating the Branding Files,” it means the QuickBooks Error OLSU 1024 has occurred in your system. Follow the below-given troubleshooting solutions to fix it permanently.
Solution 1: Update the QuickBooks program to the latest released version
- First, you need to close the opened company files and QB Desktop.
- Then, press the Windows Start button.
- Look for the QuickBooks desktop and then do a right-click on the icon and opt for the run as administrator option.
- After that, you need to go to the help menu from the No company open window and select update QuickBooks desktop.
- Proceeding ahead, you have to click on the options tab and choose the mark all > Save option.
- Click over the update now tab and then the reset update checkbox.
- At the end of the method, you need to click the get updates option.
Solution 2: Edit the fidir.txt preferences
You can edit the fidir.txt preferences to resolve the QuickBooks Update Error OLSU 1024. The instructions to implement this solution are as follows:
- Find the filethe fidir.txt file from the location C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks20XX\Components\OLB\branding\filist. (XX describes the year of your existing QB)
- Do a right-click on this specific file and then click the Properties option.
- Lastly, opt for the read-only box, then you are done.
Solution 3: Repair the QuickBooks software
If the above troubleshooting solutions don’t work, try to repair your QB Desktop application. The steps to execute this process are below:
- In this process, you have to press Windows + R both keys at the same time.
- Type “control panel” and hit Enter.
- Here, you need to click on Uninstall or change a program.
- Pick QuickBooks from the list and then Uninstall/Change.
- Then, you will see a QuickBooks installation window.
- Click Next and then opt for Repair.
- Finally, select Next > Repair > Finish options.
Solution 4: Update the bank directory to the latest available version
For some reason, if none of the above techniques helped in fixing the QuickBooks Update Branding Files error, the user should check out the instructions below:
- Start with opening the following file location C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks20XX\Components\OLB\branding\filist.
- Next, find the fidir.txt file and give it a new name- fidir.old.
- To proceed further, you need to visit the QuickBooks version link you are using to get the latest Financial Institution Directory.
- Now, you will see a screen pop up, then select the desktop as the file location and click on the save option.
- Once you see the download complete window on the screen, then you can close the tab.
- Afterward, users need to copy the downloaded fidir.txt file for rectifying the Filist folder.
- Copy the fidir.txt file by pressing Ctrl+C.
- Using the keyboard, hit Windows + E keys simultaneously to open up the Windows File Explorer.
- Now, locate the Filist folder that is available at C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks20XX\Components\OLB\branding\filist.
- In the Filist folder, paste this copied file by pressing Ctrl+V together.
- Lastly, open the QuickBooks Desktop application and try to set up the account to finish the process.
After going through all the above troubleshooting solutions, we hope you have successfully resolved QuickBooks Error OLSU-1024. In case the error continues on your screen and is hindering you from performing the task, you must talk to QuickBooks Error Support experts at a toll-free number +1(800) 314-0226.