QuickBooks Error H505 is one of the issues of the H-series that generally pops up while opening a company file in multi-user mode. If the software meets any issue with data files like corruption or misconfiguration, the glitch takes place. Apart from this, some other reasons can also cause this difficulty, which are given below in this blog. Fixing Error H505 in QuickBooks 2018 and later versions might be complex for a typical user without any guidance, and that’s why we care for them by providing easy troubleshooting steps. So you just need to follow the instructions carefully, and lastly, you will get a best-fit solution for the problem.
You can anytime avail a QuickBooks expert who can fix the issue for you in a shorter time. You only need to dial our QB Error Support number (800)-314-0226.
What are the reasons behind QuickBooks Error Code H505?
We discussed some causes that can trigger QuickBooks Error H505 at the time of accessing a company file. So, let’s know them one by one.
- Improper hosting configuration is a primary reason behind Error H505.
- A virus-infected or corrupted Company and Network Data (.ND) file can hinder you from reaching a file on a network computer.
- There might be an issue with the server’s IP.
- QB services like QBDBMgrN or QBCFMonitor are not responding well as they usually do.
- Incorrect setup of the QB firewall ports can create QuickBooks Company File Error H505.
- You are trying to work in the multi-user mode when the Hosting-mode is not activated.
- QBDBSM is not running, or any issue with DNS can also lead to an error on your screen.
How to Eliminate QuickBooks Desktop Error H505?
Solution 1: Check that there is one server with Multi-User access
- Recognize all workstations in the network showing QuickBooks Error H505.
- Open QB and verify that the ‘Host Multi-User Access‘ option is available in all systems. If you see the ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access, on any PC, click on that to turn off the feature.
- Now, go to your hosting system where all the QuickBooks company files are stored and check the ‘Host Multi-User Access’ is enabled.
Solution 2: Change Company File Folder
Now your server is configured correctly. If the Intuit QB error code h505 continues, there may be an issue with the company file.
- Start with creating a new folder on the host PC and move the contents into it by giving full permissions.
- After that, generate a new .qbw file in a multi-user framework.
- Lastly, check if the newly created company file is obtainable from all computers across the network.
Solution 3: Confirm that the QuickBooks services are running properly
QuickBooks service is a crucial factor that allows users to open, read and write the company file, and if it is not working, you will come across multiple difficulties. Let’s know how to check them.
Ensure that you find the server name on each computer.
- Press Window + R, type services.msc in the prompted run box.
- Next, you will need to click on Open Services and check for the service- QuickBooksDB24 (where XX signifies the version of QB Server Manager).
- Double click on the service.
- Go to Properties and choose Automatic for the Startup types. Make sure that the service status should be either Started or Running.
- Now in the Recovery tab, click on Restart the Service to fix Error H505 While Opening the Company File.
- Repeat this same procedure for QBCFMonitorService.
- Lastly, restart your PC >> Open QB >> Check if the error has been fixed.
Solution 4: Check your Windows firewall settings
A firewall is a program in the Windows OS that protects your pc from unusual activities and
can prevent QuickBooks from getting some needed access in the multi-user mode. Consider
the points below to ratify the firewall settings on your computer.
- Open the Control Panel and find out the Firewall settings.
- Then, move to ‘Allow a Program through Firewall.’
- Next, you need to include QuickBooks in the list.
- Restart the system to initiate the changes.
If the issue continues, check the ports.
- Now, click over the Advanced in the Firewall Settings.
- Add a ‘New Rule‘ in ‘Outbound and Inbound both Rules‘.
- Add the suitable local ports for QB Desktop.
Also, make sure that the Network Discovery is not active.
Solution 5: Modify the Windows host file
As QuickBooks employs Windows to perform, users can fix the H505 Intuit QB multi-user mode problem by modifying the Windows host file. You should check out the given steps to implement this method below.
- On the server computer, open the command prompt and enter the “ipconfig /all” command once you see the black window with a blinking cursor.
- Open the Hosts file using any text editor like Notepad from the location C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc. File location might vary, depending on the system you’re using.
- Add all the IPs of the workstations with QBD installation on the network.
Expert Solution for QuickBooks Error Message H505
We hope the manual methods helped you in resolving QuickBooks Error H505. Sometimes, if you need further help or stuck while performing the steps, you need to talk with our experienced QuickBooks Error Support team. We are24*7 available to help people around the world, so do not hesitate a second to call us at our toll-free number (800)-314-0226.