Error codes -6190, -816 in QuickBooks is a technical difficulty that needs an instant fix. This error code strikes up with an error report that starts from QuickBooks is unable to open the company file. We have described “How to Fix QuickBooks Error codes 6190 and 816” in this blog. But before that, users must know the causes behind the issue that makes it easy to eradicate for the users.
However, users can interact with QuickBooks experts within a call. You just need to dial +1(800) 314-0226 anytime and take a personalized resolution for QuickBooks Error 6190 816.
What are QuickBooks Error codes 6190 and 816?
QB Error codes -6190 and -816 come up on your display when you try to log in to your company data file in a single user mode. We have listed a handful of methods employing which users can resolve these errors. We have discussed a step-by-step guide to ensure the smoothness of the fixing process.
Reasons for QuickBooks Error 6190 816
- When any company file cannot match with the enterprise log file.
- If QuickBooks is not updated, an error may pop up.
- When the QB application faces any issue while working on the file in the single-user mode.
- The QB data file has been corrupted.
Solutions for QuickBooks Error Codes 6190 816
The following are some effective ways to deal with QuickBooks error 6190 and 816.
Method 1: Installing QuickBooks Tool Hub and Run Quick Fix My Program
- Start with closing the QuickBooks app.
- Next, you need to visit Intuit’s website and download the setup file of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Go to the downloads and double-click on the downloaded file to run that.
- Install it with the customary method,
- After installation, make double-click on the QB tool hub icon from your desktop.
- In the tool hub, click on the Program Problem part.
- Next, click on the Run Quick Fix My Program option.
- Lastly, click on OK to complete the process.
- Once done, start working on the QuickBooks Desktop application.
Method 2: Apply the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
If the Quick Fix My Program doesn’t work, users can employ QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. Steps are below to perform this method.
- Log into your windows OS as the system administrator, then open the installed QuickBooks tool hub.
- Go to the company file issues part.
- Here, you’ll see the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- Click on the Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
This process will automatically start fixing the issue. In case you come across any difficulty or the same error code, consider following the next method.
Method 3: Rename QuickBooks .ND and .TLG Files
If the network data or transaction log files are damaged, it can result in QuickBooks Error 6190, 816. Assigning a new name to the QuickBooks ‘.N’D and ‘.TLG’ files can repair these files and ultimately fix the problem. By following the below steps, you can implement this solution.
- Open up Windows File Manager and move to the QuickBooks Installation Directory.
- Also, you can enter the path- C: \ Users\ Public\ Public Documents\Intuit\ QuickBooks\ to open the installation directory.
- You will have to find two files, which contain the ‘.ND’ and ‘.TLG’ extensions.
- Right-click each file and then opt for the Rename option.
- Add .OLD at the last of the file name.
- Open the software and then the company file.
- If you are still noticing the same error, follow the further instructions.
Method 4: Restart all the connected workstations in the network, including the server computer
Restarting will refresh the complete network that can also fix the bug. The following actions will help you reboot both the server system and the workstations.
- Go to the server computer that is hosting all the company files and perform the restart.
- Then, restart all the workstations attached to the network.
- After that, open QB on the server first and then on the workstations.
If the error message 6190 in QuickBooks continues, move/copy the QuickBooks company data file to the local storage and access it on a workstation. To do so, consider the following method.
Method 5: Move/copy QB company file to the local storage
If none of the above techniques work to fix QuickBooks error message 6190, go through this method.
- Copy/move the company file from your hosting server system to a normal USB storage device.
- Then, insert this USB device into the workstation on which you are facing issues while opening the company file.
- Move this company file to your desktop and open QuickBooks.
- Browse the company file from the local storage to access it.
We hope that the problem has been solved by using the above steps. If you are still encountering QuickBooks Error codes 6190 and 816, you need to take help from a QB certified technical expert. To interact with our QuickBooks Error Support team, users can dial a toll-free number (800)-314-0226 anytime.