No doubt, QuickBooks makes our business more convenient and easy to maintain financial work. But some QB errors can make our business slow, such as QuickBooks Error 12031 occurs when you try to update your QuickBooks Desktop or Payroll Services. Besides, some more different causes can lead to this error. The fixing process of this “QuickBooks Error Message 12031” is not so complicated; you can easily get rid of this error by following the below-mentioned steps.
To get a quick solution for QuickBooks Payroll Error 12031 from our QuickBooks professionals. You need to call us at our toll-free number +1(800) 314-0226.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 12031
- Due to some internet connectivity issue
- Your antivirus program is conflicting with the QuickBooks updates
- Incorrect settings of SSL
- A network timeout that is an obstruction in QuickBooks from accessing the server
- Internet Explorer settings aren’t set up perfectly
- The firewall or internet security software may block the updates
- Internet Explorer isn’t set as a default browser
How to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Update Error 12031
We have collected some appropriate solutions for QuickBooks Update Error 12031. Go through the below guidance step-by-step to deal with this problem handily:
- Firstly, you have to click on the “Help” tab
- Now, click on “Internet Connection Setup”
- Then, you need to choose the option “Use my computer’s internet settings to establish a connection when this app accesses the internet”
- After that, you have to click on the “Next” button and then hit “Done”
- Finally, try to Update QuickBooks software again
- Start with opening your Internet Explorer
- Next, press the Alt key and choose Internet Options
- Below the Security tab, click on the Globe symbol and check whether the security level is Medium-high or not
- Now, under the Connections tab, either choose Never Dial a Connection (when you don’t use the dial-up connection) or pick the correct ISP (when you use the DUN system) and click on OK
- After that, go to LAN Settings and make sure that the Automatically Detect settings are selected
- Also, verify whether the Use a Proxy Server box is not check marked. In case it is checked, uncheck it only when the port is 80 under the address and port, otherwise don’t do so
- Then click on OK and go to the Advanced tab.
- Click on Restore Advanced Settings and go for Use TLS 1.2 under the Settings
- Confirm that the Use TLS 1.2 is selected and click on OK.
- At last, exit from Internet Explorer and restart your computer system to make changes
- First, you need to go for the “Update Now” tab
- Then, select the “Reset Update” checkbox and then go for the “Get Updates” button (If the program updates still don’t work, then follow further steps)
- Check your Internet Connection
- Review the firewall settings and internet connection security so that you will be ready to get the updates
- Run your system in the Safe Mode and try to download and update it again
- Press Windows+R keys simultaneously from your keyboard, and a Run box will appear up
- Here type MSCONFIG into the Run box and then hit OK
- Next, under the General tab, choose Selective startup and make sure that the Load startup items option is unchecked
- Now click OK
- If you get the pop up to restart, then click on the restart otherwise you can normally restart your computer.
After following all the above steps, you’ll no longer get QuickBooks 2018 Error 12031, and if the same issue still exists, you can talk with our Payroll Customer Service experts, dial +1(800) 314-0226, and discuss your problem to get a quick resolution.