QuickBooks Error 80070057 is a typical issue that comes up on your PC’s screen when users try to open the company file, and the QuickBooks accounts manager has created that company file in QuickBooks 2014 version. In the presence of this Error code 80070057 in QuickBooks, you could not be able to access the company file. Also, it shows that the QB accounts manager does not have enough rights to read/write, and even create/delete the company file.
If you’ve tried so many times to open the company file and still facing QuickBooks Error code 80070057, you don’t need to be panic. In this blog, we will discuss the primary causes and effective methods to resolve this QB error.
However, if you’re not able to eliminate this error, you can directly get in touch with our skilled technical support team at +1(800) 314-0226 to resolve the QB Error Code 80070057 with ease.
Root Causes of QuickBooks Error Message 80070057
Different causes can display up Error 80070057. Most of them are related to the interaction issues with the company files over the system on a different network (Server or Host). Some are related to the incorrect parameter or not having sufficient permissions. The below-given points can easily describe the root causes of QuickBooks Error Message 80070057.
- QuickBooks is not able to read the company file because of a different company file extension.
- Corrupted installation of QuickBooks software.
- Inaccurate QuickBooks extension such as ‘.qbm,’ ‘.qbb,’ or ‘.qbx’ for Windows file extension.
- Using a third-party firewall program that is not suitable for QuickBooks.
- You are opening a portable company file directly before opening QB software.
Some other reasons that may lead to the Error code 80070057.
- The Network Data (.ND) might be corrupted/infected.
- A direct attempt to access the company file from the portable folder. QuickBooks cannot initiate the portable company file because the server or host computer does not have enough permissions.
- Firewall/Internet security settings are not suitable for QuickBooks Desktop that might block proper syncing with QB Database on the server or host computer.
- Your Antivirus programs blocking QuickBooks email is another common cause behind this error. It blocks QB while sending requests from the computer server.
Troubleshooting Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error 80070057
Various reasons may promote this error in the software. Likewise, you have to try different methods to Fix QuickBooks Error 80070057.
Method 1: Update the QB Desktop Application to the latest version
The first method is to update the QuickBooks application to the latest released version. Refreshing the software fixes different bugs, and the above instructions will help you to execute this solution.
- Open QB and go to the help menu.
- Click on the update QuickBooks option.
- Next, you will need to click on the update now tab and then the reset update box only when you want to erase the previous updates.
- Click on the get updates option.
- Wait for the process completes and then start the QuickBooks again.
- Lastly, open the company file and check that the QB error 80070057 has been resolved or not.
Method 2: Verify the Company File Extension
- Locate and select the Company file and right-click on it.
- Then, opt for the Properties option.
- Go to the QuickBooks Tab.
- After that, check the file extension in the Filename section and version of the QB software.
- Now, click on the OK tab to quit from the window.
Change the File Extension:
- Create a new folder.
- Next, you need to copy that company file and paste it into the newly created folder.
- Right-click on the new folder, then opt for the Rename option.
- Type “.qbm” as the file extension and then click anyplace to save the changes.
- After that, restore the portable company file by opening the QuickBooks application.
- If you notice any problem while opening the QuickBooks, rename the extension to “.qbb”.
- Again open the QuickBooks to Restore the Backup.
- In case the file doesn’t open, again rename the extension to “.qbx”.
- Once again, open the QuickBooks to convert it into an Accounting copy.
Copy and paste the company file into another folder in a Flash drive:
- To perform this step, you need to open Windows Explorer and then QuickBooks.
- Next, go to File Explorer, and create a new folder.
- From the Flash Drive, copy the “Companyfile.QBW” and paste it into a new folder.
- At last, open the QB Desktop app and open a new folder from the application.
Method 3: Edit or Delete the Network Data (.nd) File
- At first, find the Network Data (.nd) files in the folder where the QuickBooks Company is present.
- Check that no users are logged in, and then quit the QuickBooks app and your computer too.
- Open your system and login as the system admin, and then go to the QB company file folder.
- Find the file with the .nd extension file linked with the QB company file that has the issue.
- If you successfully find the particular file, rename it or delete it. This activity will lead to the automatic creation of the file in both cases.
Method 4: Reconfigure the BitDefender
- First of all, go to the BitDefender 10.0 menu >> select the Antivirus option.
- Next, follow the further clicks: Custom level >> Exclude path from scan >> New item.
- Finally, select the mapped drive or UNC path that is utilized to browse the QuickBooks Company files. (As an example- “Q:\”)
Method 5: Rescan your files using the QB Database Server Manager
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard or click on the start icon and type QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Next, add a folder to show the Browse Folder page.
- Select the folder in which your company file is saved.
- Afterward, click on the OK.
- Click on the Start Scan option to scan the company file from the database.
- After completing the scan process, you need to open the company file once again.
Method 6: Do a clean installation of the QuickBooks Desktop app
When no methods can fix the QuickBooks Error 80070057, the user should perform a clean installation of the QuickBooks software. The process includes uninstalling and reinstalling the QB software that can remove various technical glitches from the software.
Once you’ve precisely performed the above-discussed methods, we hope the issue will be no longer present. In case the QuickBooks Error 80070057 is still showing while opening the company file, it may be a complicated technical issue. In that case, you need to take expert advice by dialing QuickBooks Error Support Number +1(800) 314-0226 to resolve this issue shortly.