When QuickBooks Error 6010 100 happens, it shows that your QuickBooks installation may have modified, and the user needs to reinstall the software and then open QB again. This error states that QuickBooks is unable to reach the network due to any security software or Windows firewall.
So you will need to permit QB to access the network connection. Users might trouble with such a failure when trying to reinstall the software. There are various reasons for the occurrence of QuickBooks Desktop Error 6010, 100. Below are the reasons and solutions for this issue.
Important: While resolving QuickBooks Error 6010, you face any issue or becomes unable to perform the troubleshooting properly, call us at +1(800) 314-0226. Our technical support team will help you in solving your problem.
What Provoke QuickBooks Pro Error 6010, 100 to Come Up?
As we discussed beforehand, there are several causes due to which QuickBooks Pro Error 6010 may happen. Some primary causes are given below:
- .ND file is connected with the file that finishes with ‘.QBW‘ and ‘.TLG‘ extension.
- Cleaning Projects are not linked with the PC framework.
- In the case of using NOD32 antivirus.
- Due to the connection of system information request for the multi-user mode.
- If a registry-optimizing program is installed on Windows has erased QB registry files from your computer.
Methods To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6010, 100
Different methods you can utilize to fix QuickBooks Error 6010 100. We have listed below some potential solutions with simple steps.
Solution 1: End QB Tasks from Windows Task Manager
- Log in as an Administrator on your system.
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open up task manager.
- Now, press Q on the keyboard to view the QB Process.
- Select QuickBooks process (QBW32.exe, qbupdate.exe, and QBDBMgr.exe) and click End Task located at the right-bottom.
- Finally, open QuickBooks and the Company File and check for the status of QuickBooks File Error 6010-100.
Solution 2: Try to Turn-Off Multi-User mode
- Exit the application and reboot your computer.
- Now, press and hold the CTRL key and double-click the QB application to open it. (Keep hold the control key until the software opens without any company file).
- Under the File tab, click on Utilities > select Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
- Finally, confirm your selection by clicking Yes and proceed further.
- Restart the software once again. If you are still getting QuickBooks Installation is corrupted. -6010-100, move to the third solution.
Solution 3: Rename Network Data (.ND) file
- Open the QuickBooks directory on your pc and search for a network data file that contains the ‘.ND‘ extension, which uses the same name as your company file.
- Rename it by adding old at the end of this file name. (For Ex.- company_file_name.nd.old)
- At last, restart the QuickBooks desktop. If the error persists, move on to the further solution.
Solution 4: Install and Perform QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Open QuickBooks’ official website and download QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- Double-click on this QuickBooksToolsHub.exe file.
- Click on Yes to allow this app to begin the installation process.
- After that, click on Next to install it and then choose Yes again for accepting the QBD license agreement.
- Then, click on Next and then Install.
- It will take some time, depending on your system’s performance. Once the installation gets complete, click on Finish.
- Double-click on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon available on your desktop screen.
- Go to the Network Issues section and click on the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Now, you need to Browse your Company File Location:
- (a) Go to the Scan Folders tab.
- (b) Then, click on Browse and pick the folder that contains your company file (.QBW).
- (c) Finally, Click on OK, then Start Scan.
If you are still struggling with this error, then it may be an installation error. Follow the next solutions to fix Error 6010 While Installing QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 5: Reinstall the QB using Clean Install Tool
- To uninstall the program, follow the further clicks: Start Icon >> Control Panel >> Uninstall a Program.
- Pick the QuickBooks application Click on the Uninstall button at the top.
- After uninstalling the software, download QuickBooks Clean Install Tool and run its setup.
- Click on I Accept and continue.
- Choose the QB version that you are going to install and click on Continue.
- Next, click OK to install QuickBooks.
- After reinstalling the software, open QuickBooks and check the QuickBooks Installation Error 6010 100 has been fixed now.
After following these methods, you can easily eliminate QuickBooks Error 6010, 100. In case you encounter any difficulty, we suggest you get in touch with our QuickBooks Error Support Team at +1(800) 314-0226 to fix the issue shortly.