If you’re a QB user and getting QuickBooks Error 6000 77 while executing any task, it is crucial to fix it ASAP as it directly interrupts your business. QuickBooks has helped small and mid-sized businesses extensively to handle their accounting and banking’s efficiently. It is built on advanced technology to ensure the best-in-class functionality.
But glitches and errors are the most frustrating dropdowns of any software. Just like QuickBooks also shows erroneous behavior. QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77 is such an error that displays when the users try to access the company file. In this article, we’ll provide you a complete guide to getting rid of this failure.
Need help in resolving QB error code 6000 77? Call us at our toll-free number +1(800) 314-0226 and connect with our QuickBooks technical specialists to fix the glitch.
What are the reasons for QuickBooks Enterprise Error 6000 77?
We have listed some reasons below that can provoke QuickBooks Enterprise Error 6000 77.
- When you’re not logged in as a windows admin, but the company file folder requires administrator rights, then the error can appear.
- You opened the company file by referencing or mapping a drive.
- The company file you’re trying to access is not present on the network computer or the local disk. (stored on an external storage drive)
- QuickBooks might be undergoing the multi-user framework that may be creating some communication problems with the company files.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Company File Error 6000 77
Below is a detailed step-by-step guide to fix QuickBooks Company File Error 6000 77. You only need to follow the instructions to get rid of this issue.
Troubleshhoting 1- Renaming .ND and .TLG Files
Network Data and Transaction Logs files make the company files accessible for different workstations connected in the network. If these files get damaged/corrupted, you may encounter QuickBooks Error 6000 77, but users can fix this corruption by renaming.
- Open up the QuickBooks company file folder generally possible at C:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company File [Default Location]
- Find the files with the “.ND” and “TLG” extensions.
- Once you right-click on them, you see some options, then select
- Now insert “.OLD” at the end of the filename.
- For Instance- qbw.ND to CompanyName.qbw.ND.OLD
- qbw.TLG to CompanyName.qbw.TLG.OLD
- Next, click on Yes to confirm the changes.
If the same difficulty exists after going through these steps, please proceed ahead with the below methods.
Troubleshooting 2- Download and Run QB File Doctor
QuickBooks file doctor can smoothly repair the corrupted or damaged company file and conclusively the error.
- Download the File Doctor Tool from Intuit’s genuine website.
- Install and run the tool.
- After that, wait until the process gets finished.
- Now, verify if the QuickBooks error code message 6000-77 still present.
Troubleshooting 3- Configure firewall and other security programs
- Reset the Firewall port settings in a default manner.
- Set exceptions for all ports of the windows firewall manually.
- Also, you can either Install an Anti-virus defender or reconfigure security programs suitably.
Troubleshooting 4- Utilize a UNC path, not a mapped drive
- Right-click on the QuickBooks icon available on your desktop and opt for Run as Administrator.
- Also, keep holding the Ctrl key while opening the application. Don’t release it until you see the No Company Open page on your screen.
- Note: Holding down the Ctrl key doesn’t auto-open the recent company file.
- Move to the File menu > Open or Restore Company > Open a company file > Next.
- After that, go to the left panel and select the Network
- Then, open up the company file folder location.
- Open the file that is having issues.
Troubleshooting 5- Create the damaged folder again
- Add a new folder on the C drive.
- Go to the location where the company files are stored.
- In this folder, find the .qbw file.
- Make a right-click over this .qbw file and choose Copy.
- Move to the new folder and Paste this file.
- Set access permissions to share the company files.
- Lastly, open the QB Desktop and then the file from this new location.
At the end of the blog, we hope that the above steps for QuickBooks Error 6000 77 will surely help eliminate the failure. But in some cases, you might be incapable of cope-up the problem due to not understanding the steps correctly or less technical knowledge. In that situation, you should call our QuickBooks Error Support team at +1(800) 314-0226.