No error-free software comes in the market. Similarly, QuickBooks also shows errors sometimes. QuickBooks Error 557 shows up when you try to download and update QB in a new version and when QuickBooks fails or crashes due to some virus threats. But every problem has a solution, and there are two different methods to rectify this error.
If you require an urgent resolution from our tech specialists team, contact us. We are 24 hours and 7 days available to provide problem-solving services. Our toll-free number is +1(800) 314-0226.
Cause Of QuickBooks Payroll Error 557
When an error occurs in Quickbooks software, then the reason behind the error might be having an outdated software version or damaged files in the operating system. But the reason behind QuickBooks Desktop Error 557 is the Quickbooks Payroll System and some other small factors. So let’s have a look at them.
- Installation and uninstallation process denied by the user.
- You have deleted any critical Quickbooks directory file.
- Your computer system is corrupted due to viruses, threats, or malware.
- You have shut off your system directly from the electric board.
Note: If you really want to get rid of this QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 557, you must have an activated Quickbooks payroll subscription. And make sure you’ve backed up your company file to your hard drive. So that when you require it, then you can easily recover it.
Solution 1: Using QuickBooks Doctor Tool
QuickBooks file doctor tool is employed for resolving QuickBooks errors. If you’re Unable to Update Payroll Error 557, download the latest QuickBooks file doctor and install it.
- First, you need to open the QuickBooks file doctor.
- Then find your company file from the dropdown list.
- After that, you will see three dotted options, then click on the “Check file Damage Only” option.
- Now click on the diagnose file button.
- Here, the next window will appear to repair your file, then pick the Repair file.
- Click on the Next button.
- Wait for the repairing process to finish.
- After completion, you have to restart your computer to execute changes.
Solution 2: Restoring Your Computer System
- When you start your computer system, then you have to login as an administrator.
- Go to the start button from the taskbar.
- Now go to programs and select Accessories.
- Then click on the system tool possible.
- Here, you have to select the System Restore option.
- After this, a new window will open in front of you, where you have to click on the Restore your System option.
- Now a list appears “On the list click a restore point”
- But don’t forget to set the recent time for restoring your PC.
- After that, you will receive a confirmation window, where you have to hit the Next button.
- Now your restoration process of pc has started.
- Wait to successfully perform these tasks. After completing this process restart your PC and check your QuickBooks Showing Error Message 557 has gone or not yet.
We expect your problem would be solved by attempting the above methods properly. If you’re still facing the Error 557 While Updating Payroll, then you must take help from our advisors who have years of expertise in this field. You can directly contact them by dialing our Payroll customer Service helpline number +1(800) 314-0226, and they will be available to solve your problem.