While sending employee records to the QuickBooks accounting software, copying the company file, getting QuickBooks updates, there is a possibility of appearing QuickBooks Error 3180. Sometimes, sending data from BillQuick to QuickBooks for finance may also lead to this error code. Read this article to know how to deal with Error 3180 effectively.
Need assistance in eliminating QB Error 3180? Call our toll-free number +1(800) 314-0226 and communicate with our specialists to fix the glitch.
Reasons behind QuickBooks Error Code 3180
There are quite a number of viable causes for getting QuickBooks Error Code 3180. Please find them listed below:
- When the QB sales tax item is not set with any vendor.
- If the account matching of the sales tax payable account is not correct.
- When you use the sale tax payable account to make a purchase.
- The target account is the sales tax payable account.
The above points are the recognized causes behind this error. But some other reasons can also trigger it on your screen.
How to Combat with QuickBooks POS Error 3180
You can use the below-described methods while getting Error 3180 in QuickBooks.
Method 1: Unify items in the QuickBooks application
To unify items, you need to consider the given actions:
- Start with opening QBD and click over the List menu.
- Next, proceed to the Item option.
- Here, go to the Include Inactive option.
- Click Type header, and give a new name to the Point of Sale payment entities.
- Right-click on the Payment option that begins with the Point of Sale name.
- Click Edit Items.
- Include OLD to the item name, and click OK to make changes.
- From your Point of Sale, run a financial exchange.
- Blend the duplicate items in your QuickBooks software.
- Click Edit Item once again.
- Now you can remove OLD from the name of the item.
- Click OK, and to verify, click the Yes button.
As you are done with unifying items in QB, go where you were getting the issue. If still there, follow the next step.
Method 2: Secure the Authorization of the Vendor to the Sales Tax Items
By following the below instructions, you can perform this method:
- Again open and go to the same List menu at the top.
- Click the Item menu >> select Include Inactive.
- Opt for the Type section to align the table a-z.
- All the sales tax attributes should have a tax agency.
Once you confirmed it, open QB and check if the error is solved. If not, check out the below method.
Method 3: Choosing Tax Preference can Fix QB error code 3180
- Open up the QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- Follow the further clicks: File menu > Preferences > Company.
- Go to the Financial option and select the Accounts button.
- Put a mark on the Basic and Advanced tab.
- Check that only QB Sales Tax Payable is available in the sales tax row. If there is another item in the list, replace it and then initiate a financial exchange.
- Finally, check if the QuickBooks error message 3180 has been eliminated.
Method 4: Ensure That the problem receipt is not adjusted using Sales Tax Payable to resolve QB error code 3180.
With the added help of the beneath instructions, you can verify if QB error code 3180 has gone:
- On the QuickBooks Point of Sale, please click on Sales History.
- Right-click on any column and then select the Customize Columns option.
- Make sure you choose QuickBooks Status.
- Check for any incomplete receipts.
- Click on the Reverse Receipt option if any Receipt is under sales tax payable.
- Duplicate the paid out using a non-sales tax payable account.
- Run the Financial Exchange.
Method 5: Map each Tax Code with the accurate Tax Item
- In the Customers tab, please choose the Item Lists option and then create a Tax name.
- Open up QuickBooks POS and from the Edit tab to select your preferences.
- Now pick the Sales Tax option from the Company section.
- Now please check the incorrect tax codes and ratify the same in the QuickBooks Financials.
- Make the requisite changes to the tax code by choosing the Edit option.
- Click on Next twice, and you will proceed to the Tax Info section.
- Go to the Tax Info section.
- Ratify that the tax item is in the correct group in QuickBooks Financials.
- Follow the exact steps for other tax items.
Method 6: Manually Post an Entry to Credit Cash in Drawer
- Navigate to the Sales History in QuickBooks and pick the transaction that is giving the error.
- Open up the Transaction and View its financial history.
- Connote the transaction as sent.
- Now manually apply an entry that will credit the Cash in Drawer and debit the relevant expense.
In the end, we hope that the solutions for QuickBooks Error 3180 will surely help exterminate the failure. But, you might be unable to cope-up the problem due to not following the steps precisely or less technical knowledge. In that case, you should call our QuickBooks data Service Support team at +1(800) 314-0226.