QuickBooks is not free from faults or technical difficulties, just like any other piece of software. Users occasionally manage problems on their own but sometimes they will need expert assistance to resolve the issue. QuickBooks Error 12152 is associated with internet connection settings and a typical problem seen by users.
If the internet connection settings are incorrect, QuickBooks will not be able to connect to the server, and the program will not be updated. Instead of starting with the many methods to resolve error 12152, you should first verify whether the internet is working. In today’s article, we’ll go over all of the details behind QuickBooks Error Code 12152.
However, if you need expert assistance, you can contact (800)-314-0226. Our expert team will assist you in quickly resolving the issue.
What are the Indications of Error 12152 in QuickBooks?
Before proceeding, it’s crucial to understand how your workstation or QuickBooks reacts when this error occurs.
- Your computer will begin to malfunction when you use the application.
- When your computer system encounters QuickBooks error 12152, it frequently hangs.
- The PC responds slowly to keyboard or mouse inputs.
- Your computer may also freeze from time to time.
When your computer faces such difficulty, it might respond in an above-represented manner. If you see any unusual behavior or see the QuickBooks Error 12152 pop up regularly, you should take action to fix the problem.
What Causes QuickBooks Update Error 12152?
Several factors can result in QuickBooks error 12152. We have put up a list of some of the possible causes of this frustrating error code 12152.
- The error 12152 is likely to arise if your QuickBooks fails to write or read the licensing data.
- You may encounter problems if your Windows API keys aren’t working well.
- An older version of QuickBooks can have difficulties while connecting to the internet.
- QuickBooks update error 12152 can also be caused by an incorrect or incomplete QuickBooks software installation.
- Error 12152 in QB can potentially be caused by malware.
What are the Solutions to Eliminate the QuickBooks Error 12152?
The ways to resolve QuickBooks error 12152 properly are below-given.
Solution No. 1: Check your computer’s date and time settings
Incorrect time and date have a detrimental impact on your QuickBooks internet-based authorization methods. As a result, it’s critical to keep an eye on your computer’s date and time settings and make any necessary adjustments.
- Right-click on the time and date area in the bottom right of the computer screen.
- Change the date and time by selecting Adjust date/time and clicking Change date and time.
- Fill in the appropriate information and then click Apply.
- To save the changes and restart your computer, choose OK at the end.
Solution No. 2: Reset Your Internet Options
It’s conceivable that some program has changed your internet settings in a way that the QuickBooks application doesn’t like. In such a case, take the procedures outlined below to restore the original settings.
- Go to the Control Panel after exiting QuickBooks.
- To access the Internet Properties window, put Internet Options into the search box and choose it.
- To restore advanced settings, go to the Advanced Tab and select Restore Advanced Settings.
- To see if the error has been resolved, choose OK and reopen QuickBooks.
Solution No. 3: Restore Your Computer’s System Files and Settings
If the preceding approach does not resolve the issue, the computer’s settings may need to be restored. To act, follow the procedures outlined below.
- Go to the Start button after logging in as an administrator to the computer system.
- From the All Programs menu, click on Accessories.
- Select the System Restore option from the System Tools menu.
- Click the Restore my computer to an earlier time option and then the Next button on the System Restore option when a new window appears on the screen.
- Next, choose the most recent system restore point, and then Next.
- There will be a confirmation window that appears. Wait for the procedure to finish before clicking the Next button.
- Finally, reboot the machine.
Solution No. 4: Change the Backup File Extension in the Registry Editor
If any registry problems are causing the issue in QuickBooks, the procedures listed below can be used to resolve them. Before beginning the operation, make a backup of the registry file.
- To find Command, go to the Start menu and type it into the search area.
- Before pressing the Enter key, hold down the CTRL and Shift keys simultaneously.
- On the screen, an Account Dialog Box will appear.
- When the Command prompt window appears, choose Yes, and then type Regedit and press the Enter key.
- Go to the File tab and select the key associated with the error 12152.
- To store the backup key, go to Export and select a folder from the Save in List.
- To store the backup, type a name in the box and then proceed to the Export Range box.
- Select Save after clicking on Branch.
- Last but not least, ensure the file has a.reg extension.
Solution No. 5: Uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks.
The last alternative is to remove QuickBooks and reinstall it (QuickBooks Clean Install) to refresh all installation files, including any corrupted ones that may be causing the problem.
- Select Uninstall a Program from the Control Panel.
- Select QuickBooks from the list of programs and click the Uninstall option.
- To remove it, follow the instructions on the installer window and download the.exe file again.
- After you’ve installed QuickBooks, open it and select Scan from the drop-down menu.
- To correct all of the faults on the screen, use the Repair All option.
- Check if the error 12152 persists after the issues have been fixed.
At this time, we’d like to wrap up this blog of fixing QuickBooks Error 12152. We hope that by following the solutions in this post, you will be able to address the problem precisely. However, if you encounter a different error while going through the steps, call our QuickBooks Error Support number (800)-314-0226 to talk to a specialist instantly for resolving the issue and further assistance.