Learn What is QuickBooks Error H202 and How to Fix It With Easy Troubleshooting Steps.
Users may face QuickBooks Error H202 when they try to switch into multi-user mode. This error means something is preventing the multi-user connection from reaching the server. In this blog, we’ll explain to you what is QuickBooks Error Message H202, its Causes, and how to fix it with ease.
We’ve provided all the methods that can be used to fix QB Error Code H202 manually. In case you still encounter this error, we suggest you speak to our QB technical experts at +1(800) 314-0226.
What May Lead to QuickBooks Desktop Error H202
QuickBooks Desktop Error H202 appears when QuickBooks Desktop attempts to establish a secure connection to the company file but can’t interact with the server due to one of the below reasons.
- Incorrect hosting configurations.
- Windows firewall is blocking the hosted server system from the incoming and outgoing transmission.
- An issue with the DNS server.
- QB is unable to access the IP address of the host system.
- Internal QB services like QBCFMonitor or QuickBooksDBXX are not running on the server network.
- The network data file (.ND) might be corrupt or damaged.
How to Tackle QuickBooks Error Code H202 with Easy Steps
To fix QuickBooks Error Code H202, you must install QBDBSM first. You can install it in different cases. If you have already installed it, don’t need to do so again.
Condition 1: Hosted on your own network
- Your server is your workstation that hosts your company files. To get rid of QB Error H202, you need to install Database Server Manager. There are two methods given below to set up QBDBSM:
- Complete Program: You install the complete version of QBD and Database Server Manager on your computer.
Server Only: You only install the QBDBSM on your server computer.
Condition 2: Using a third-party hosting
If you use other party hosting solution, contact them immediately for help restarting your hosting. They might ask for you to take troubleshooting actions.
Note: Devices like Network Attached Storage do not support the DBSM.
Method 1: Run the QBDBSM on your PC Using QuickBooks Tools Hub
- Close QuickBooks.
- Download the current version of the QB Tool Hub.
- Open the file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Install the file using the traditional method of installing software.
- Once the install ends, open the tool hub by double-clicking on the icon on your desktop screen.
- From the Tools Hub, click on Network Issues.
- Pick the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Inside the QBDBSM, click on Start Scan if your company file folder(s) appear. If not, Browse to the path of your company file and then click on the Start Scan.
- The QB Database Server Manager will automatically repair your firewall permissions.
- Once you see the scan finishes, select Close.
- Open QB and go where you were encountering Error H202. If you still see QuickBooks Cannot Switch to Multi-User Mode H202, follow the second solution.
Method 2: Review the QB-related services on your server
- Open QB on your server system.
- Go to the File > Utilities.
- If you see Host Multi-User Access as an option, click on it.
- In case you see Stop Hosting Multi-User Access as an option, don’t click on it.
Now check that the QuickBooks services are running properly on your server workstation. Follow the below steps to check QuickbooksDBXX. After that, repeat the same actions for QBCFMonitorService.
- Press the Window key on your server computer.
- Write down, Run in the search area, and hit Enter to open the Run Tool.
- Here, you need to type “services.msc” in the Run tool and then press Enter.
- Locate and double-click on QuickBooksDBXX from the list. XX indicates your version of QB.
- Click on Automatic for the Startup Type.
- Check the Service status must be either Running or Started. If not, choose Start.
- Now, go to the Recovery tab.
- Click on Restart the Service for each from the drop-down menus: (First failure, Second, and Subsequent failures).
- Lastly, select Apply and then choose OK to save the changes.
- After all, repeat these actions for QBCFMonitorService as well.
When it’s done, open the software on each system. Select the File menu and opt for Switch to Multi-user Mode. If you find everything is opening perfectly, the problem is fixed. If you still notice Error Code H202 QuickBooks 2018, follow the next solution.
Method 3: Add services to your admin group on the server
To fix “QuickBooks Error H202“, you need to give admin permissions to QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitorService on your server workstation. Set Windows access permissions to share company files for detailed guidance.
Once it’s set, open QuickBooks on your server system. If you still see Error H202 in QuickBooks, follow the next method.
Method 4: Reset your firewall settings on the server computer
Ensure that your server computer is all set to permit QuickBooks through the Windows firewall.
- Observe Firewall and Internet security configurations are suitable.
- After setting up your firewall permissions, open the software on your system.
- Click on the File menu >> select Switch to Multi-user Mode.
If it works well, you fixed the error. If you are still encountering H202 Error QuickBooks 2019, move to a further solution.
Method 5: Ping your server
Ping the server from each workstation to verify the connection to get rid of QuickBooks Error H202.
- Turn on the Network Discovery on your server system and any computer that is facing Error H202, follow the following steps to perform this method.
- Press the Windows Start button on your server and shared workstations.
- Write down Network into the search section and go to the Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on Change Advanced Sharing settings.
- Here, turn on Network Discovery and File and Printer Sharing options.
- Now, note down the server name from your server system.
- Open the Run tool.
- Then, type CMD and hit enter to open up the command window.
- Next, type ipconfig/all into the CMD page and press Enter.
- Locate the text Host Name on the PC’s screen where the server name is written.
- After that, you need to tote down this Host Name.
- Open the workstation and QB to test the server.
- In the workstation, you need to open the Run tool.
- Write down “CMD” into it.
- Then, you will see a command window, type here “ping_your server name” and press Enter.
- Repeat the above actions on each workstation that is showing the QuickBooks Error H202.
Method 6: Connect your server name to your Windows hosts file
- Double-click on your computer icon.
- Go to the path either (C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc\) or (C:\Windows\System64\Drivers\Etc\).
- Double-click the host file, and opt for Notepad.
- Start Notepad as an Administrator, if required.
- Keep the insert point after the last IP address and enter the server’s IP address.
- Press the TAB button once, and type the server name.
- Go to File > Save > Exit.
- Try to open the company file.
After taking these actions, open QB on your workstations, and if everything is working properly, QuickBooks Error H202 has been fixed.
If you are still getting Error Code H202 While Switching to Multi-User Mode in QuickBooks, please communicate with our support team by dialing our toll-free number +1(800) 314-0226. Our QuickBooks Error Support team is always available to resolve any QB-related issue.