QB users enjoy its smooth functioning, but sometimes QuickBooks desktop freezes when opening. Moreover, this issue can be faced in various conditions like printing, exporting, downloading transactions, working with reports, and even connecting to the bank server. If you’re also experiencing the same problem and want to learn “How To Unfreeze QuickBooks,” be with this article until you find the answer to your query.
Multiple reasons can trigger QuickBooks frozen in the right networks. In this post, we have described some methods that are completely practical and recommended by technical specialists.
“However, if you want an immediate solution from QB experts, dial our QuickBooks Error Support number (800)-314-0226 to get in touch with the technical team.”
Why QuickBooks Desktop Freezing Up?
- Some apps running in the background might be consuming more system space, and it might cause a sudden freeze.
- If your UAC is disabled, you may encounter this difficulty.
- Some damaged files like user preferences and DDf files may lead to this error.
- Using a non-updated version of the Windows OS is another reason for QuickBooks running slow.
- Any program in your windows system is not allowing QB to access some crucial files.
How Do I Unfreeze QuickBooks Desktop?
You can implement the below-given troubleshooting methods until you get rid of the problem. The following guide will teach you “How to Unfreeze QuickBooks?”
Solution 1: Force stop QuickBooks-related programs from the task manager
- Firstly, go to Task Manager. (Press CTRL+Shift+Esc together)
- Click on the processes tab.
- Here, you have to find out the programs starting with names .qb, QuickBooks, or Intuit.
- Select them one by one and click on End Task.
- Lastly, exit the Task Manager.
Open QB and check if it is working well. In case it’s lagging again, check out the next solution.
Solution 2: Rename DAT and DDF files
- The first step is to log out from the company files on all the workstations.
- From the company file folder, find and rename DAT to OldUserPRef.DAT.
- Delete all the files having a DDF extension.
- From the same directory, open the company >> click on confirm to save the payments.
- Now, click on Print to print it successfully.
Manipulating DAT and DDF files can fix the glitch from your software.
Solution 3: Delete Temporary Internet Files & its Cache
If the above solutions don’t work, you can try deleting some internet files and clear the cache.
- Press Windows+R keys simultaneously to begin Run Command.
- Type Control and hit Enter.
- Click Network and Internet >> Internet Options
- From the General tab, make a click on Delete.
- After that, select Temporary Internet files and website files.
- Click on Delete.
- It may take a little to delete the temporary internet files.
- Lastly, click Apply >> OK.
- Now, check for the error.
Solution 4: Disable Tablet PC Input Services
- Firstly, hit Windows + R, type Services.MSC and then press Enter.
- From the list, find and click twice on Tablet PC Input Service/ Touch Keyboard/ Handwriting Panel Service.
- Now below the service status, click on the Stop option.
- Again double-click over Tablet Input Service >> go to Properties.
- Disable the Startup type >> click OK.
- Close the Services menu and open QuickBooks again.
- If the difficulty continues, consider following the next solution.
Solution 5: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool using Tool Hub
QB tool hub includes some helpful tools that can fix some common errors with ease. To fix this issue, try running QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. The actions are as follows to accomplish this method.
- You must have QuickBooks Tool Hub in your system to run the install diagnostic tool.
- Also, you can download it from the official website of QB.
- After installing the toll hub, open it.
- Then, move to the Installation Issues tab >> click on QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- It may take a while to configure.
- Once done, click on Yes to pass the license agreement.
- Click Proceed to begin repairs on your QB Desktop elements.
- Once finished, restart your PC.
Solution 6: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
If any of the above ways do not fix the failure, you have to perform QB reinstallation.
- Press Windows+R keys.
- Type Control Panel and click OK.
- Here, the user is required to click on Programs and Features.
- Next, click on Uninstall a Program.
- Select the QuickBooks icon from the directory of programs and then click on Uninstall/Change.
- After that, uninstall the program from your device.
- Now, download a brand new QB setup file from Intuit’s website.
- Install and open the QuickBooks app, and it will resolve the QuickBooks Freezing Up issue.
Also Read- How To fix QuickBooks Search Not Working
Need expert help?
If you have attempted all the discussed approaches and didn’t find a suitable answer for your query “How to unfreeze QuickBooks?” then you must contact a technical expert. You can dial directly talk with our QuickBooks Error Support team by dialing a toll-free number (800)-314-0226. We are 24/7 available to deliver the most satisfying services.