QuickBooks Event Id 4 error occurs when Windows 7 .NET Framework 4.0 does not work correctly. The error generally happens while launching the QuickBooks Integration Manager (QBI) application. It may give any of the following error messages on your screen-
- Integration Manager could not connect to QuickBooks. Please make sure that it is open when it takes place.
- QB Event id 4 – An unexpected error has occurred in QuickBooks: Returning NULL QBWinInstance Handle.
There can be various causes that can promote QuickBooks event id 4 error while operating the program. In this blog, we’ll explain to you what is Event id 4 error in QuickBooks, its subsequent causes, and how to fix it.
We’ve given all the methods that can fix QuickBooks Pro Event id 4 Error below. In case you still face this error, we suggest you speak to our QuickBooks technical experts at +1(800) 314-0226.
Also, Read the blog: QuickBooks Error OL-393
What can be the main reasons behind Enterprise Integration Manager Event id 4 Error?
.NET Framework 4.0 SP 1 problem is the root cause of Enterprise Integration Manager Event id 4 Error. However, some additional factors that can trigger the error are listed below-
- Possible damage or corruption present in the QuickBooks company file.
- Infection caused due to a malicious virus attack.
- Partial or corrupt installation of QuickBooks software
- Possible error in the Windows registry setting
- Inadvertent deletion of an essential QuickBooks file by a background application.
How to tackle Fix Integration Manager could not connect to QuickBooks Error with easy troubleshooting steps –
Troubleshooting the possible causes behind this error can fix Integration Manager could not connect to QuickBooks Error. Perform the below-listed resolutions with extensive care and attention to ensure maximum effectiveness of the steps-
Method 1 – Reinstall the .NET framework onto your Windows
- Press Windows + R together and type in appwiz.cpl in the run-box.
- Next, move to add/remove or programs, and a features dialogue box will pop-up on your screen.
- Search for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 and then highlight it
- Now select the uninstall option.
- Once the uninstallation procedure finishes, restart your computer.
- Again, open the run-box and type in appwiz.cpl in the given area.
- Also, click on add/remove programs option.
- Enlarge .NET Framework in the Windows Feature screen to view Microsoft .NET 3.5
- Tickmark the first and second option in the checkboxes
- Click on OK and wait for the installation of .NET Framework 3.5
- Press on the Finish button when the installation completes and completely restart the system
If the QuickBooks 2017 Event id 4 Error continues, try the next troubleshooting method.
Also, Read the blog: Resolve QuickBooks Error PS107
Method 2 – Reinstall QuickBooks using Clean Install Tool
The clean install Tool in QuickBooks repairs the damaged function of the QuickBooks Desktop software and eradicates How to Fix Returning NULL QBWinInstance Handle Error in QuickBooks. To run this tool, please follow the below-listed steps-
- Download the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- Open this tool from the Downloads folder of the system
- Follow all the on-screen instructions carefully to complete the installation
- Closeout all the applications currently running in your Windows
- Now run the QuickBooks Clean Install tool and wait for the process to complete
- Restart your computer
If QuickBooks Error 4 continues, then follow the next troubleshooting solution.
Method 3 – Make Use OF QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool can very well fix issues related to the software installation caused due to damaged .NET Framework. This tool can also answer queries such as How to Resolve QuickBooks Event id 4 Unexpected Error. Please follow the below-listed steps –
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub, a collection of all the troubleshooting tools QuickBooks has to display.
- Move over to the Installation Issues tab and choose the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- If you have manually downloaded this tool, you should open the computer downloads and subsequently double-click the QB Install Diagnostic file.
- Follow all the visible screen instructions to finish the installation process
- Exit all the running applications on your Windows.
- Now run the QB Install tool and restart your computer.
By now, you will have hopefully navigated QuickBooks Returning NULL QBWinInstance Handle.
Also, Read the blog: qbdbmgrn not running on this computer
If you still face Issues with QuickBooks Integration Manager?
We have delivered all the suitable and possible method to resolve QuickBooks Event ID 4 Error. If the issue persists, kindly coordinate with our support team by dialing our toll-free number +1(800) 314-0226. Our QuickBooks Support team is readily available to resolve any QuickBooks related issue.