QuickBooks File Doctor is an efficient tool that aids users to detect and resolve data-related errors in the software. Also, you can troubleshoot network issues in QuickBooks with ease. Network diagnostics tool and data damage repairing tool are both integrated with the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. In this blog, we’re going to discuss everything you need to know about this tool when you’re a QuickBooks user.
To get personalized assistance from technical experts to learn about the QB File Doctor Tool, you can call our toll-free number +1(800) 314-0226.
How to Fix Errors with QuickBooks File Doctor
By going through the below steps, you can rectify the QB-related error. First, you need to download the QuickBooks Tool Hub, in which you will get the QuickBooks File Doctor Repair Tool.
Step 1: Download QuickBooks Tool Hub and Install It
- Close QuickBooks.
- Download the most updated version (220.127.116.11) of the QB Tool Hub.
- Save the file from where you can quickly access it. (Your Windows desktop or the download folder).
- Note: If you already have Tool Hub, check which version you have.
- Double-click on the setup file you just downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Install the software by clicking on agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- When the install process completes, double-click the icon after installing on your Windows desktop to launch the tool hub.
- If you can’t see the icon there, search in Windows by writing down ‘QuickBooks Tool Hub‘ and click on the program
Step 2: Perform Quick Fix my File
- From the tool hub, choose the Company File Issues.
- Click on Quick Fix my File and then OK.
- Let the process finish and later launch your QuickBooks.
If you still encounter the same glitch or can’t open your company file, move to the next step.
Step 3: Run QuickBooks File Repair Doctor
It doesn’t matter which version you use of this tool, and the QuickBooks File Doctor Canada version also works similarly.
- Open tool hub, in which select the Company File Issues.
- Click on Run QuickBooks File Doctor Mac or Windows. It may take up to one minute to open.
- Note: If the QuickBooks file doctor taking a long time or doesn’t open, search in windows for QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor and start it manually.
- After opening the tool, choose the company file using the drop-down menu, and if you don’t get your desired file, select Browse and search to discover your file.
- Now you have to opt for Check your file (middle option only) and click Continue.
- Enter your QuickBooks file doctor admin password and then click on Next.
- This tool will automatically start investigating your company file that was having the issue.
The scan time depends on the pc performance and file size. Generally, it takes up to 5 minutes. Once the scanning process ends, open QuickBooks and the company file too. Sometimes, even the unsuccessful message fixes the issues.
Step 4: Additional Information
If you are trying to repair an old company file with a recent version of QuickBooks Desktop, you’ll see an option to convert it. (Optional) Then, you need to click on repair the file with the existing QuickBooks version.
In case the repairing process is unsuccessful, go back and choose to open the file in a recent QuickBooks version to update the file. Once you update, you won’t open this company file in the older version of QB.
When you’re trying to open the company file from QB 2011 or older version, you will get a couple of options.
- Open the file in the latest QB version: This will help you open the company file in QuickBooks 2011 or later versions.
- Repair the company file in your existing version: This will repair the company file for your version of QuickBooks.
The above options can fix typical errors like –Error 6129 0 and Reload.sql failures.
Step 5: Update and back up QuickBooks
- Once you have fixed the issue of your company file, create a backup of your company file.
- Check if any software update is available.
- To update your software: In QB Desktop, click on Help > Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Run updates timely. Verify & rebuild data to overcome errors.
So in this way, we have known “What is QuickBooks File Doctor Tool?” and how can we use it to get rid of common errors. If you are still unable to use this tool, take expert advice from our QuickBooks Error Support team by just dialing our toll-free number +1(800) 314-0226.