QuickBooks is high-rated and well-recognized accounting software. Its smooth functioning makes it easy for users to handle their business accounting and bookkeeping tasks. But, you may face errors at the time of getting new updates in the software. Similarly, QuickBooks error 15270 appears when you perform payroll service updates.
Software or Windows-related problems during the installation may produce this error. To get back the QuickBooks services, you need to correct the bug first. In this blog, I will provide you some simple solutions to deal with the Update Error 15270.
“However, if you need a guaranteed fix in less time, you should call our QuickBooks Error Support expert at (800)-314-0226 to get the proper help with a problem-solving approach.”
What are the indications of QuickBooks update error 15270?
To confirm the error, you should know the main symptoms of this glitch. The below-given changes, you may see when the error 15271 occurs.
- Program window start crashes when you try to run.
- In some cases, the system may get shut down while running the software.
- Error code 15270 pops up every time you attempt to run a particular task.
- Windows start to run sluggishly and respond late to the commands.
What may cause QuickBooks Error Code 15270?
- If the user enters the wrong Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Trying to use Social Security Number(SSN) instead of EIN
- Not providing the Service key may also lead to this issue
- Internet Explorer (web browser) is not set as your default browsing program
How can a user Fix QuickBooks Error 15270?
QuickBooks Error 15270 is an update failure that happens due to various reasons. To fix this issue with comfort, you can go through the below-discussed solutions.
You might also see: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15241?
Solution 1: Update QB Payroll Service
- First, launch QuickBooks. Here, if you see any updates available, click on the Install later.
- Now, go to the help section and click on Update QuickBooks.
- On the new page, click the Update Now option and then OK to save the changes.
- After that, move to the employee tab and opt for payroll updates to get new payroll service updates.
- Check that payroll updates selection has opted, then you can click on Update.
Solution 2: Rename Paysub.ini File
If updating payroll service doesn’t fix the issue and QuickBooks showing error 15270, you need to implement this solution.
- Start with verifying the action payroll plan or membership, and if it is expired, make it active.
- Then proceed to the Basic/Standard or improved payroll option and select My payroll service.
- On this window, click on Account billing data and sign in to the existing Intuit account.
- After performing the previous action, you will see the page of QuickBooks payroll service account maintenance. Here, you have to ratify if your subscription is active.
- Now, follow the click sequence: Employees >> My payroll service >> Account/billing information/preferences.
- On the QB account maintenance page, close the display to start installing updates and then confirm your QB payroll services.
- Then, give a new name to the paysub.ini.file.
- If the issue continues after following the above steps, you should run a clean install in selective startup.
Solution 3: Run Quick Fix my Program (Alternative Method)
- From Intuit’s website, download QuickBooks Tools Hub and open your Downloads by pressing Ctrl+J on your keyboard.
- Click twice on the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file to run it.
- Install it with the usual method.
- From your desktop screen, open QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Once it opens, travel to the Program Problem column and then click Quick Fix my Program.
- It will consume some time to eliminate the issue.
- Once done with that, you will have to reboot the QuickBooks Desktop program.
- If the QuickBooks Update Service screen comes up, click on Install Now. However, you may still notice Unable to update Payroll error 15270. In that case, we suggest you contact our QB support team.
Need Help From QB Technical Experts?
In some cases, you might be unable to get rid of this QuickBooks Error 15270 due to some unusual technical difficulties, then you will need a specialist to fix it. To get in touch with QuickBooks Error Support executives, you can dial a toll-free number (800)-314-0226 and get the best possible support from our team.