If you’re a QuickBooks Payroll user, you may have faced some errors while working on it. QuickBooks Error 15241 is a run-time payroll failure that pops up when a user performs payroll updates. Various reasons can stop the QuickBooks software from installing new updates precisely.
Also, you receive a message stating- “Error 15241: Payroll updates did not complete successfully.” In case you encounter this issue, please do not worry at all because we will discuss the fixing process of this error in the post. So we suggest you read this blog till the end to ensure 100% resolution.
“However, for a guaranteed solution for Error 15241: QuickBooks FCS service is damaged, you can call us at our QuickBooks Error Support number (800)-314-0226.”
What are the reasons behind QuickBooks Desktop Error 15241?
You should know the reason for the appearance of this error to resolve it effectively. Mainly, this issue happens when the File copy service (FCS) is turned off, but some other factors can also cause QuickBooks update error 15241.
- File Copy Service (FCS) might be corrupted or infected.
- The payroll may be corrupted for some reason.
- Unsuitable system configuration and set up.
- Incomplete QuickBooks installation can also lead to this error.
- In case your system crashes, you become unable to run some apps properly.
- Any virus or malware may have entered your pc.
- If some important system files have been damaged, this error usually pops up.
How to Deal With QuickBooks Error 15241?
You have known the possible reasons behind QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15241. Now you can check out the steps below to fix it with ease.
Related Post- What is QuickBooks Error PS036
If you use Windows XP, follow these steps:
- Close the QuickBooks desktop application on your computer.
- On your Desktop screen, click on My Computers > Select the Manage option and proceed to the following step.
- Now, you’ll see a new page. Here, you need to find the services and applications option and click on it.
- After performing the above step, scroll down in the services window, then you need to search for the Intuit QuickBooks FCS service and click on it.
- In the FCS properties window, go to the General tab and then click on the drop-down menu and select the Startup type option.
- Afterward, the user is required to click over the manual option and then OK.
- Next, reboot the QB desktop app.
- After launching, download the latest published update for the QB accounting software.
- Once done with that, update the payroll tax tables, and this time you’ll not encounter “QuickBooks FCS service is damaged error 15243“.
In case you are Windows 10, 8, 7, or Vista user, read the below steps:
- Exit from the QuickBooks desktop software.
- On the taskbar, click on the Windows Start button.
- Go to my computer and click on the Manage option.
- Especially for Windows 10 users- Go to the tab available on the taskbar and search for the computer on it. Now, click on the PC icon, then select the Manage tab.
- Once the new window appears up, click the Services and applications option.
- Now, click on the services option in this services & application window.
- Then, click on the Intuit QuickBooks FCS option.
- Moving ahead, hit the General tab and then select the startup type from the drop-down menu.
- Moving ahead, you need to click on the apply option.
- Choose Start >> OK respectively.
- After performing the above actions, open the QuickBooks desktop software.
- Update the complete software to the latest version.
- After completing QB updates, you should update the payroll tax tables as well.
Related Post- How Do I Fix QuickBooks Error 6073, 99001?
We hope that the mentioned solution has helped you fix QuickBooks Error 15241 smoothly. In some cases, if you face any hurdle while performing the steps and encounter the same or other problem, we recommend you contact our QuickBooks Error Support team by just dialing a toll-free number (800)-314-0226. They will recognize the root cause behind the glitch and assist you with the best possible resolution.