QuickBooks is not a new product of Intuit but has been serving businesses for many decades around the world. Employing its advanced functionalities, they come across various technical bugs, which need to be fixed ASAP. QuickBooks Error 15106 is one of them that can take place during payroll updates. It can be an annoying thing ever in your accounting experience and might be more complex than your expectations if you do not fix it on time. However, various reasons can trigger this issue in your software, so you will need to use multiple methods to deal with this Error 15106 in QuickBooks. In this blog, we have arranged some potential ways to get rid of this problem.
“If you feel difficulty in fixing the error and want personalized help from QuickBooks experts, dial our toll-free number (800)-314-0226, and they will fix the error for you remotely.”
What is QuickBooks Error 15106?
Undoubtedly, QuickBooks is an outstanding program for business financial works like accounting and bookkeeping by using which you can manage your tasks with ease. But while updating your payroll services, you may meet QuickBooks update error code 15106. It is primarily a payroll difficulty that can occur due to diverse reasons mentioned in this blog below. Moreover, you’ll get the best-fit solution to overcome the error.
Related Article: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15241?
What may lead to QuickBooks Error Code 15106?
- If you’re not logged in as a system administrator on your PC, this will not allow you to read and write new files and could show an irritating error.
- There might be a flaw in the UAC settings.
- If any antivirus program installed in the computer is blocking the update, you’ll come across QuickBooks Error 15106 while updating.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Desktop Error 15106?
Consider the below solutions when you are getting QuickBooks Error 15106 on your computer screen.
Solution 1: Open Task Manager and finish the sweeper.exe process
- Launch Window Task Manager by pressing (Ctrl + Shift + Esc) keys at the same time.
- The user needs to move on to the Processes tab and find Spy Sweeper.exe.
- If present there, click on that and then the End task option.
- Open your software and check if you have overcome the issue. If not, follow solution 2.
Solution 2: Log in to your PC as a system admin and run QB
- Go to the Start option.
- Find the switch button at the right corner of the window and click on the arrow.
- Opt for the Switch-user option.
- After that, write the admin user name and password in the popped up box to switch to the admin account.
- Locate the QB Desktop icon.
- Make a right-click on that.
- From the list, click over Run as administrator mode.
- Provide admin ID with a password and hit the Enter key.
- After logging in as an administrator, check if everything works properly. If you face the same QuickBooks Error 15106, we recommend you go through the third solution.
Solution 3: Turn Off User Account Control (UAC)
- Start with pressing the Windows+R keys to display the run tool.
- Type control panel >> hit the OK button.
- Choose User Accounts and again User Accounts.
- Click on the control settings mentioned as Change user account.
- It will display a confirmation pop up >> select Yes to proceed.
- After this, swap the slider towards never notify when you need to turn off UAC >> click on OK.
- Select always notify when you need to turn on UAC.
- Then, hit the OK button.
- After all, restart the system.
You might also see: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15101?
Solutions 4: Uninstall/Suspend Your Existing Antivirus Program And Rename The Folder
- Firstly, open the task manager utility by pressing Esc + Shift + Ctrl at the same time.
- Move to the processes part and find the Antivirus program that you are using in this list. (For instance, Spy Sweeper.exe)
- If any available there, click on that once and then End process.
- If you are still overlooking this issue, continue with the further steps.
- Once done, then rename the folder comprising QuickBooks update. To implement this method, below are the steps-
- Press the Windows button + E simultaneously to instantly open File Explorer.
- Look for the QB folder, then right-click on it.
- Pick the Rename option and include ‘.old’ at the end of the filename.
- After renaming the folder, check if the error has been fixed now.
Solution 5: Perform A Complete QuickBooks Installation Employing Selective Startup Mode
- Firstly, create a backup up by gathering your crucial data and files. Also, keep the license or product key to reactivate the services.
- Now start your PC in a selective start-up mode.
- After that, check that no other software limits the execution of the active program window.
- You can follow the below-given instructions for switching to the selective start-up mode-
- Open the Run Window by pressing Windows Key + R and type the command MSConfig in the box.
- After entering the command, hit Enter.
- Find and click the General option >> selective start-up >> load system service.
- Look for the services button, then put a mark on the Hide all Microsoft Services option.
- Set a checkmark on the box named Disable All.
- Ratify that your confirmed Windows Installer checkbox shows in the services list.
- Once you come across the Windows Installer established on the system configuration page, click over the Restart button.
- Let the PC reboot. After this, uninstall the QB Desktop application from the control panel.
- Once done with that, reinstall the software.
- Turn back to Normal Start-up mode.
- Now reset your system configurations. You can go through the following steps to do so-
- Again, open Run tool >> type MSConfig >> hit the OK button.
- Select Normal Start-up and move to the General option >> press the OK button.
- It will show the configuration Window, then choose Restart.
In this way, users can get rid of QuickBooks Error 15106. We have provided the most effective methods to deal with the issue and hope this blog has helped you. In some conditions, if you are still getting the “QuickBooks Payroll Error 15106,” we would suggest talking to our expert team. They will guide you in a better way remotely and eliminate this problem. You just need to dial our QuickBooks Error Support number (800)-314-0226.