The Express Web Connect is an enhanced version of QB Direct Connect that empowers QuickBooks to communicate with your Bank account. QuickBooks Express Web Connect Error is such an error that restricts you to connect to your financial institution’s website for downloading all the transactions into the QuickBooks Desktop application. In this post, we have described the effective methods to resolve Web Connect Errors.
Need instant help to resolve the QuickBooks Web connect Import errors while interacting with the bank? Speak to our QB experts by dialing our toll-free number +1(800) 314-0226 .
What are QuickBooks Express Web Connect errors, their causes, and solutions?
QuickBooks Express Web Connect helps you in connecting your bank and downloading the banking activities/transactions. However, technical difficulties are common in any software. Therefore, you may encounter different QuickBooks Express Web Connect Errors while you attempt to communicate with the bank’s server.
You may notice the following errors while utilizing the Express Web Connect.
1> Error 198
2> Error 324
3> Error 350
Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Express Web Connect Errors
We have provided a detailed step-by-step guide to eliminating QuickBooks Express Web Connect Errors.
Fix 1: Switch to Express Web Connect
Ensure that you don’t have any pending transactions.
- To check that, start with creating a backup of your company file.
- Open QB and go to the File menu, then click on Switch to Single-user Mode.
- Next, you need to click on My Company from the Company menu.
- On the My Company page, click on Sign in.
- Important: If you don’t have an account yet, create an Intuit ID and password or recover your existing account.
- Remove all the pending payments or checks.
Fix 2: Deactivating the Bank Feeds for an Account
To resolve the Express Web Connect Errors, disconnect your account to restore your connection.
- Go to the Lists tab and opt for Chart of Accounts.
- Right-click on that particular account you want to deactivate.
- Click on Edit Account from the dropdown menu.
- Locate to the Bank Feed Settings option and click on it.
- Now, you need to click on Deactivate All Online Services.
- Note: You will be informed when the process completes. However, it will not harm the Bank Feed services.
- Click on the OK button.
- Lastly, click on Save and then Close.
Fix 3: Prepare an account for Bank feeds
Check the “Express Web Connect Not Working in QuickBooks” issue is resolve or not yet. If not, then follow the next step. To prepare a bank account for bank feeds in QuickBooks, you need to follow the below-listed steps.
- From the Banking tab, go to Bank Feeds, then click on Set Up Bank Feed for an Account.
- Enter your bank’s name in the provided section. (type in the name of your bank or financial institution).
- Log in with the help of your Intuit account credentials from the My Company sign-in window.
- Now you need to insert your online banking account user id and password, then click on Connect.
- QuickBooks will automatically link to your bank’s server.
- Pick the account(s) you want to link to QuickBooks, and again click on Connect.
- Lastly, tap on Close.
Fix 4: Download Banking Transactions via QB Express Web Connect
Now, you can download the banking transactions to QuickBooks.
- To execute this step, go to Bank Feeds, then Bank Feeds Center from the Banking menu.
- Choose the account from the Bank Accounts list of which transactions you want to download.
- Click on the Download Transactions.
- Once it’s done, select Transaction List to process the transactions.
After following these steps, we hope that your Express Web Connect will be no longer exist. In case you’re still getting “Express Web Connect not working in QuickBooks,” you must contact our experienced QuickBooks Error Support Team at +1(800) 314-0226.