Users have many times reported QuickBooks Error 6123 0 when they try to open or import the company file on QB Desktop. They come across a message: “Connection to the company file has been lost” over the system screen. Also, this error may appear when users try to restore the backup of the company files or open them from another workstation in the network. Here, we’ll understand how to fix QuickBooks error 6123 0 by utilizing the proper methods. So, be with post and follow each step carefully to get rid of this software glitch.
However, you can communicate with our QB error support team at the toll-free number +1(800) 314-0226, and they will help you resolve this issue immediately with their expertise.
What leads to QuickBooks Error Code 6123 0?
If you’re unable to restore your company files from a backup in the multi-network server and get QuickBooks Error Code 6123 0 in front of you, the following causes may trigger this error.
- Trying to restore the company file backup from an external storage device.
- If the host server is unable to reach the internet connection, the error pops up.
- Corruption with the QuickBooks company data file is another reason for QB error code 6123.
- Wrong configured firewall settings might be interrupting the QB software to initiate the company.
- Having McAfee antivirus on the computer hinders QuickBooks Desktop Services.
- Any virus in the system may have damaged your Windows OS.
Solutions for QuickBooks error message 6123 0?
Error 6123 is a common but frustrating bug in the software that doesn’t let you open or restore your company file. To troubleshoot this QuickBooks error message 6123 0, you can go through the below solutions rendered by our experienced QB experts.
Step 1: Installing the QuickBooks Tools Hub:
- Firstly, download the most recently published version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub from the QB official website.
- Go to your downloads and move the setup file to the desktop.
- Note: In case this tool is already installed in your system, check the version of that. If it is the latest one, directly jump to the next step.
- Double click on this downloaded setup file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Once it runs, install it by clicking on Next > Install and accepting the terms.
- Once the process completes, open the tool hub by double-clicking on the icon.
- After opening this tool hub, move to the further step.
Step 2: Perform QuickFix my Program
- In this QB Tools Hub, click on Program Problems.
- Then, choose QuickFix my Program. (Wait until the progress bar ends. If you use multiple QuickBooks versions, it will take longer than usual.)
- When finished, open QB and check the issue is solved or still appearing there.
- If the “QuickBooks enterprise error 6123” continues, consider the following troubleshooting.
Step 3: Use QB File Doctor Tool to fix Error 6123 in QuickBooks Desktop
If the above troubleshooting didn’t work, run the File Doctor Tool to repair the QB company file.
- Again click on Company File Issues in the QB Tool Hub.
- Now, select Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- After opening File Doctor, select your company file from the drop-down menu. If your preferred file is not there, choose to Browse to pick the file from your computer.
- Now, click on Check your file and then Continue.
- Write down your QB admin password and move further by clicking on Continue.
- This tool will automatically start repairing your file. (Let the process finish)
- Once done, pick your company file and open QuickBooks.
If the file is opening and working well, congratulations, your QuickBooks 2019 error 6123 0 has been eliminated.
Step 4: Rename .ND and .TLG files manually
- Open the origin folder of the QB application where all the company file is stored.
- File the file that includes the ‘.ND’
- Do a right-click on this network data file and opt for the Rename
- Add ‘.OLD’ at the end of the file name. (For ex- ND.OLD)
- Do the same thing with the Transaction Log file contains the ‘.TLG’ extension, and change it into TLG.OLD.
- At last, open your company file in the QB app and verify the resolution of the error.
- The QuickBooks error 6123 after update name may be still present, then adopt the last step.
Step 5: Reinstall the QuickBooks application
Before performing this solution, make sure you have your QB credentials.
- To perform this solution, you need to uninstall the currently installed QuickBooks app from the Control Panel
- Then, Download your preferred QuickBooks variant that you want to run on your system or use the QuickBooks installation CD (In case you have).
- Using the general method, install the QuickBooks app in normal mode.
- Next, you’ll need to provide your Product ID and License Number where required.
- Once you entered your credentials, your QuickBooks will be automatically registered and ready to use.
- Finally, open your QB company file and continue the work.
Once you have considered the above-described solutions, we hope the QuickBooks Error 6123 0 has been resolved. In case of encountering any issue while troubleshooting, you can call us at +1(800) 314-0226 anytime and interact with our QuickBooks Error Support authorities. They will recognize the root cause behind the bug hindering your working and provide a profound method.