Are you stuck at QuickBooks Error 6073? If yes, continue with this article to get the permanent solution to fix it. This error typically takes place when trying to open a company file utilizing the multi-user mode. When users encounter the bug, they come across a statement- “QuickBooks is unable to read this company file. It may be running in another workstation”.
There are various factors mentioned in this blog due to which “QuickBooks Error 6073, 99001” occurs. We have described troubleshooting methods to get rid of this error. You only need to read this post until your issue gets resolved.
Important: To take personalized help from QB experts to fix error code 6073 without following any methods, call us at our support helpline number 1(800)-314-0226.
What Provokes QuickBooks Desktop Error 6073?
Error: 6073 can be caused due to various reasons. A few of the most potential reasons are below-mentioned:
- The file is hosted on a Linux computer and uses varied login credentials to log in to a shared folder.
- The data file is stored in a read-only folder.
- The company file is open on another workstation in Single User mode.
- The file is accessed using a remote system, such as LogMeIn, GoToMyPC, etc., and the server computer understands that the user is not logged out yet.
Solutions for QuickBooks Error 6073 while accessing the company file
QB errors are usually time-consuming and may corrupt your data. Therefore, you need to check out some simple troubleshooting steps to fix QuickBooks Enterprise Error 6073.
Solution 1: Run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
First of all, users should run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. Instructions are as follows to accomplish this process.
- Log into your OS as a system administrator, then launch the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Move to the company file issues section.
- In this section, you’ll see the file doctor tool.
- At last, click the Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
This process will start correcting the issue automatically. In case you confront any problem or the same error code, follow the next solution.
Solution 2: Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6073 manually.
There are various situations when you may come across the error, so you will have to consider different steps according to the condition to resolve it with comfort:
Case I: When somebody initiates the company file on a different PC in Single User mode-
- Firstly, close QuickBooks Desktop on all the connected computers in the network.
- Next, open the company file utilizing the server computer.
- After that, you need to switch to Multi-user mode after going to the File menu.
- If you notice the same QuickBooks Error code 6073, reboot all the workstations once.
Case II: In case the company file is running in Single User mode on the server computer.
- Open the File menu and choose Close Company.
- Then, Re-open the company file.
- Go to the File menu again, click Open or Restore Company.
- Pick your preferred company file and click on Next.
- Choose Open file in multi-user mode and then Open.
Case III: If the company data file is placed in a read-only shared folder.
- Go to the server computer that is hosting your file.
- Open the folder where you can find all the company files.
- Do a right-click on the folder >> select Properties.
- Now, proceed to the Security tab >> select the user with login issues, then click Edit.
- Lastly, click Allow >> Apply >> Ok.
- Now, check if QuickBooks company file Error 6073 is solved. If not, perform the troubleshooting of the fourth condition.
Case IV: When the computer is being accessed via LogMeIn or GoToMyPC remotely.
- On your computer desktop, right-click on Taskbar and opt for Task Manager to open it.
- Select Processes and check if processes are running under the user name you are facing problems with.
- If you find any related process under that user, reboot your system.
In different conditions, using specific troubleshooting steps, you can resolve QuickBooks Error 6073 with ease. If you encounter any strange error or the same error code continues, we suggest you talk to QB specialists. Dial our QuickBooks Error Support number 1(800)-314-0226 and get in touch with certified experts. By identifying the root cause, they will help you fix the issue shortly.