QuickBooks Error 6000 305 takes place on your screen when you are trying to access your company file. However, multiple reasons can promote the issue on your system screen, but improper network setup is one of the primary causes behind it. If you’re getting this irritating error code 6000 305 in front of you, read this complete article till the end to know the absolute causes and solutions.
In case of facing any issue resolving QB Error 6000 305 while accessing the company file? Get in touch with our technical specialists by just dialing our toll-free number +1(800) 314-0226.
What provokes QuickBooks Error Code 6000 305?
Before knowing the solutions, we must know the root causes behind the occurrence of that. Below are the main reasons that may lead to Error 6000 305 in QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks company files might be either corrupted or damaged.
- ‘ND’ and ‘TLG’ files are not in a proper format.
- The network setup is not configured suitably.
- The network timeout is another trigger to QB Error Code 6000 305.
Easy Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 305
In case of facing QuickBooks Error 6000 305, you can consider the below-listed solutions to get rid of this failure with ease:
Solution 1: End the QuickBooks processes from Task Manager
- Log in to your system as an Administrator.
- Tap Ctrl+Shift+Esc at the same time to open the task manager.
- Go to the processes and press Q from the keyboard to highlight the QuickBooks task.
- Pick QuickBooks tasks (QBW32.exe, qbupdate.exe, and QBDBMgr.exe) and hit End Task.
- Try to begin QuickBooks Company File.
Solution 2: Get the recent launched QuickBooks Desktop updates
- Open up QuickBooks Desktop.
- Next, click Help and then Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- After that, opt for the Update Now tab located in the top right corner.
- Now put a checkmark on Reset Update and select the Get Updates
- Once the update process is complete, close out QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Fix the issue with QuickBooks File Doctor
- First, you need to download QuickBooks Tools Hub and go to downloads by directly pressing CTRL+J.
- From the downloads directory, click on exe
- Click on Yes to permit the file to install in the system.
- Select Next to install the setup file and then click Yes to accept the license agreement.
- Again, choose Next and then
- After ending the installing process, click on
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub by double-clicking on the icon available on the desktop.
- Go to the Company File Issues section, run the QuickBooks File Doctor.
Solution 4: Renaming the .ND and .TLG Files
Renaming network data and log files can help you to work in multi-user mode. If there are any corruptions with the company file, renaming network data and log files can resolve it.
- Open your company file location, which is C:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\CompanyFile.
- Find out the files that include ‘.ND’ and ‘TLG’
- To Rename it, insert ‘.OLD’ at the end of the file.
- (For instance, Change qbw.ND in to CompanyName.qbw.ND.OLD and CompanyName.qbw.TLG to CompanyName.qbw.TLG.OLD)
- Afterward, click Yes to confirm.
- At last, open QB and then the company file to check the error status.
Solution 5: Copy your company files to desktop
In case the above-listed solutions are unable to fix the issue, continue with this solution.
- Create a new folder on your system’s desktop.
- Go to the location where your current company files are present.
- Right-click on the company file that is having an issue, then select Copy or directly press CTRL+C.
- Now you need to paste this file into the New Folder by pressing CTRL+V buttons simultaneously.
- Keep holding the Ctrl key and don’t release until the No Company Open Page comes up on the screen.
- Make a click on Open or Restore an Existing Company.
- Then choose the Open a company file option and click
- Browse to the new folder that you copied the company file.
- Pick the company file and click
- If still unable to open, read the next method.
Solution 6: Restore the QB Backup file
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Hold the Ctrl key until the No Company Open screen comes up.
- Again click on open or restore the company file.
- Now, click restore a backup copy and then Next
- Lastly, restore the latest QB backup.
Hopefully, the above troubleshooting solutions have helped in getting rid of the QuickBooks Error 6000 305. It is also possible that the error is still popping up on your screen. If it’s so, speak to our QuickBooks Error Support team, and they will help you fix the root cause behind this issue. You need to dial our toll-free number +1(800) 314-0226.