QuickBooks Error 15311 is one such error that occurs when a QB user tries to perform the QuickBooks or its payroll updates. It can make your pc sluggish or even crash your Windows system. When this corruption happens in your computer system, it will always show one of these two messages- “Error 15311: QB updates cannot be completed successfully” or “The pc cannot interact with QuickBooks Payroll at this moment.” In this post, we have described the exact ways to deal with this QuickBooks Payroll Error 15311. The below-mentioned troubleshooting steps will help you to rectify this issue.
The QuickBooks Error Code 15311 can be resolved by simple steps that are considered below. However, if you don’t have enough time to follow steps and need immediate expert support to guide you out, call on the toll-free number +1(800) 314-0226.
Reasons for QuickBooks Desktop Update Error 15311
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks software.
- Interruption while downloading the update.
- Some virus threats and malware attacks to QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks files might be corrupted or deleted.
- Windows registry records related to QuickBooks may be damaged.
- Corrupted files from the downloaded QuickBooks documents.
Solutions for QuickBooks Update Error 15311
We have solutions when you are Unable to Update QuickBooks Error 15311. Carefully follow these steps to get a complete solution.
Solution1: Review the subscription key
- Open your QuickBooks software and select Employees from the menu tab.
- Next, choose the My Payroll Service option and go to Manage Service Key.
- Here, you have to choose the Edit option and check that the subscription key is correct or not (If not, then insert the correct key and go-ahead for the next step.
- Click on Next and select Finish.
- Now restart your computer.
Solution2: Install a digital signature certificate
- In C drive(C:\Program\files\Intuit\QuickBooks), search the QBW32.exe
- If you can’t find the QBW32.exe file, then click on the Link for more Results in the windows search section.
- Now click on the Computer symbol on your desktop.
- Find the QBW32.exe file from the search result.
- Right-Click on QBW32.exe and go to the Properties.
- Next, click on the Digital Signature tab.
- Click on Details.
- You will get the View Certification tab. Now you have to install that Certificate.
- Click Next and after completing the process, click on the Finish tab.
- Restart your computer and Open QuickBooks again, and check the error still exists or not.
Solution3: Check Out the Internet Explorer Settings in your system
- Open the Internet Explorer and set it up to the default settings.
- Next, double click on the clock symbol at the bottom-right side of your computer to execute changes if the date or time is incorrect.
- Check the cipher strength.
- If it is lesser than 128 bites, go to Intuit’s official website and hit the Alt button.
- As a window appears, click on Files and pick Properties.
- Review for the number before Bites Encryption under the Connection tab.
- Then come back and click on Tools.
- Here you have to click on the Internet Option and under the General Tab, hit Delete.
- Under the Connections tab, go to the LAN settings and check if the SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 are chosen.
- Also, check that TLS 1.2 is not selected under the Advanced Tab.
- At last, restart your computer system.
The above-mentioned solutions vary from user to user. The problem could be a lot more different depending upon the reasons for your computer system. If you’re still getting Error Code 15311 while Updating, then for complete removal of the issue, call on Payroll Customer Service Number +1(800) 314-0226 anytime and get an expert to assist you.