While performing banking tasks, QuickBooks users usually come across various technical glitches. QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013 is one of them that strikes up when the software cannot interact with the bank server. This error is typical but quite complex when it comes to fixing it because multiple reasons can be there behind this bug.
It prevents users from updating their account-related data and often displays-up when trying to configure online banking in the QB accounting software. To resolve this QuickBooks Bank Feed Error, users can employ some proven and effective methods illustrated in this article.
However, QuickBooks users can directly interact with our technical authorities. They will guide you to resolve QuickBooks Error Message OLSU 1013. Dial our toll-free number +1(800) 314-0226.
What Causes QuickBooks Error Code OLSU 1013?
An ongoing bank error can be the primary reason behind QuickBooks Error Code OLSU 1013. Also, many factors that can trigger this error are below-listed.
- Your financial institution servers don’t respond precisely due to undergoing maintenance mode.
- Your current QuickBooks version is out of date.
- IE configuration is not supportable with QB Desktop’s connection with the internet.
- You’re using the wrong credentials to log in to your online banking account.
- The QB software might be facing issues reaching the bank server because of faulty internet connectivity.
- Not employing Express or Side by Side Modem can also lead to this error.
- When you don’t have the latest updates of your Bank Directory.
Things You Should Consider Before Fixing QuickBooks Bank Feeds Error OLSU 1013
- Update the QB Desktop software to the most recent published version if possible.
- Ratify the internet connection is working well by visiting any trustable website like Intuit.com.
- To check the credentials, go to the official website of your online banking and try to log in there with your username and password.
- Also, check that your Internet Explorer web browser is up to date and set it as the default internet browser.
- Lastly, verify that you’re working on the QuickBooks Single User mode.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Desktop Error OLSU 1013?
We have discussed below some potential solutions to eliminate QuickBooks Desktop Error OLSU 1013. Follow these solutions step-by-step carefully.
Solution 1: Make some changes with TLS 1.2 protocol in IE
- Start with opening your Internet Explorer browser and make sure that you’re using the up-to-date version.
- Then, make a click over the Gear icon found upper right corner.
- Go to Internet Options >> Advanced tab.
- Go down in the Security section, remove the mark of USE TLS 1.0, and checkmark over USE TLS 1.2.
- Afterward, do a click on Apply and then OK.
- Lastly, check that all programs are closed and then reboot your system.
Solution 2: Creating a fresh company file
- Go to the File menu after opening the QB application and click on choose New Company.
- Next, choose to Express Start.
- After that, add that particular bank account that is facing issues.
- On this newly created test company file, set up the bank account for Bank Feeds.
- At last, download the Bank Feed Transactions to examine this account.
Solution 3: Create a new account and merge it with your old account
- Do a right-click on the bank account having problems.
- Choose Edit Account.
- Then, highlight the account name, then select Copy.
- Afterward, the user will need to insert (*) at the end of the account name.
- Go to the Bank Feed Settings tab and Deactivate All Online Services.
- Click on Save & Close.
- Now, open the Chart of Accountants and create a new account there.
- Remove (*) from the account name and paste it.
- Reopen the file and click on Chart of Accountants having (*).
- Do a right-click on the account and opt for Edit Account.
- Again remove (*) and click on Save, then
- You’ll see a warning dialog box, then click on Yes to merge the file.
- Next, click on Set up a bank account for Bank Feeds.
- In the end, download transactions to the recently combined account.
Solution 4: Turn off the accounts having Online Services
- Open QB and move to the Chart of Accounts
- Scroll down and choose the Include inactive
- After that, Deactivate Bank Feeds for that specific inactive account.
- Close and open the file once again to proceed further.
- Now, set up each added account for Bank Feeds
After employing the above solutions, you will come across that you have successfully troubleshot the QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013. In case you are still noticing the same error or any different problem while implementing these steps, you must consider talking to our certified QuickBooks Error Support team at a toll-free number +1(800) 314-0226.