QuickBooks Error 15101 frequently arises in the update process of QuickBooks Desktop or QuickBooks Payroll. It is easy to recognize as you will receive an error message on-screen. When this occurs, your system may freeze, and you may not be able to perform any other task. There can be various causes that can promote this error while operating the program. In this blog, we’ll explain to you what exactly the “QuickBooks giving error message 15101” is, its subsequent causes, and how to fix it.
If you wish to opt for professional help in error resolution, please contact our toll-free number +1 (800) 314-0226to speak to certified experts.
What Causes QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15101?
QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15101 frequently arises in the update process of QuickBooks Desktop or Payroll Services. The primary causes are as follows –
- Vitiated Windows files.
- Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.
- Internet Explorer Digital Signature is not correctly updated.
- Obstructive Firewall or Antivirus configuration.
- Digital Signature Certificate is not available on the system.
How to Eliminate Unable to Update Payroll Error 15101
Decent internet settings are imperative to ensure no discrepancies while installing payroll updates, and thereby reducing the chance of this Unable to Update Payroll Error 15101.
Step 1: Install a Digital Signature Certificate
- Locateexe file inside the Start menu. You can also find that in C Drive > Programs File > Intuit / QuickBooks.
- Right-click on the Program Files and hit the Properties
- Select the Digital Signature
- Review the list and choose the inc option.
- Click on Detail and then View Certificate.
- Please click on the Install Certificate
- Follow all the on-screen prompts to execute the installation process and restart your QuickBooks.
- Try updating QuickBooks once more.
- Make the requisite changes in the Internet Settings.
Step 2: Shut down the unresponsive QBConnector.exe file
- Hit Ctrl+Alt+Del keys simultaneously and select the Task Manager
- Move over to the Processes tab and discover exe.
- Right-click on exe and choose the End Process option.
Step 3: Download all updates in Safe Mode
This step is crucial in resolving QuickBooks Update Error 15101.
- Firstly, open up your system in Safe Mode.
- Re-download the updates.
- Now restart the system in Normal Mode and download the payroll updates again.
Step 4: Run the Quick Fix My Program using QuickBooks Desktop Tool Hub
- Download the QuickBooks Desktop Tool Hub and install it onto your computer.
- Then move over to the Program Problems
- Select the Quick Fix my Program
- Patiently wait till the tool concludes its prognosis.
- Then reopen your QuickBooks and the company file.
- Download and install the updates.
If no resolution is achieved, please move forward to the following step.
Step 5: Correct your IE (Internet Explorer) settings
- Press Windows+R keys simultaneously and type in CPL in the Run box.
- Click on OK.
- Inside the General tab, please click on Choose the Temporary Internet Files and Website Files option.
- Click on the Delete
- Now move over to the Connections tab and click on LAN settings.
- Now make sure you select the Automatically detect settings and click on
- Inside the Advanced tab, scroll down to the Security section and ensure that TLS 1.2 is marked. If TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 are not marked, kindly make the corrections.
Step 6: Run the reboot.bat
Operating the reboot.bat files can help you to re-register your stock files, such as .DLL and .OCX in Windows.
- Closeout of your QuickBooks.
- Right-click on the Properties
- Under the Shortcut tab, click on the Open File Location
- Search for abat or reboot file from the on-screen list. This search is dependent on your Windows OS.
- Right-click on bat and choose the Run as administrator choice.
- If prompted, please click on Yes to allow user account permission. A CMD window will open now, showing you different file scrolling.
- Restart your computer.
- Then open up your QuickBooks Desktop. If prompted, install the latest update by clicking on Install Now.
Concluding this blog, we hope that the above solutions help rectify the bug. If you are quite unable to find a relevant resolution for QuickBooks Error 15101, please do not worry. You can dial +1 (800) 314-0266to communicate with our QuickBooks Error Support in order to fix the error with the help of our knowledgeable professionals.
Also, Read the blog: QuickBooks Error OL-393