QuickBooks is full of services, and QBCFMonitorService means QuickBooks Company File Monitoring Service produces from the “qbcfmonitorservice.exe” file available within the QB installation folder. When this service faces any technical difficulty, it shows QBCFMonitorService not running on this computer. This message usually comes up when users try to run the QBDBSM (QuickBooks Database Server Manager) to initiate multi-user mode.
Various reasons may trigger this QBCF Monitor Service Keeps Stopping error. Also, we have described the potential methods to resolve it with ease.
Note: You can get instant help for eliminating the QBCFMonitorService Crashing issue by dialing our toll-free number +1(800) 314-0226. In a few seconds, one of our QuickBooks experts will get in touch to help you.
Root Causes of QBCFMonitorService Failed to Start Error Message:
Below causes may lead to the “QBCFMonitorService Failed to Start Message“.
- Corrupted/Damaged QBCFMonitorService.exe file due to any virus or any other ransomware.
- Any issue with Windows registry errors may lead to obstacles with the QBCFMonitorService.exe file.
- QBCFMonitorService.exe file has been deleted mistakenly through a security program available on your system.
- QB is unable to interact with the Internet due to firewall software blocking.
- Any hindrance between software and QBCFMonitorService.exe file.
- Unfinished installation of the QB software.
How to deal with QBCFMonitorService not running on this computer?
Below we have listed the most fitted solutions to fix QBCFMonitorService not running on this computer.
Solution #1: Check that the QB Permits Multi-User Mode On the Server Computer:
- Open up QB Desktop on the server computer and click on the File tab.
- Click over the “Utilities” option.
- If you see the Host Multi-User Access option there, click on it.
- To confirm, click Yes.
- Make sure you’re using a active subscription on your hosting on the server computer.
- Note: Check that the Multi-user Hosting is not running on any other workstations.
- This time open QuickBooks on your workstation and go to the File tab.
- If you notice Switch to Single-User mode, click on it, which indicates the QBD allows multi-user mode.
- In case you see the Switch to multi-user mode option on your computer screen under the file tab, this states that the QB app is already going under the single-user mode, and no clicks or changes in settings are required.
- Reboot the software and check the “QuickBooks 2018 QBCFMonitorService Not Running on this Server” issue is resolved or not yet.
Solution #2: Manually Restart QBCFMonitorService:
Unable to resolve the “QuickBooks monitoring service stopped” issue with the above solution? Restart QBCFMonitorService manually.
- By pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys simultaneously to open the Task Manager and Click on the Processes section.
- Locate the QBCFMonitorService in the process and select it, then click End Task.
- For the confirmation, click on Yes.
- Open the QB desktop application once again.
If the “QBCFMonitorService is unable to Start” after following this procedure, move on to the next solution.
Solution #3: Make Some Changes in Windows Firewall Setting:
The Windows Firewall monitors all the communications with the network and the Internet. It may restrict QuickBooks from connecting with the server. In this condition, you will have to make some suitable changes in Windows Firewall Settings.
- First, update your Firewall program.
- Add QuickBooks application as an exclusion from being monitored.
- QuickBooks required ports to communicate with the server computer should not blocking.
- In case blocked, you will need to open up ports to enable interaction with the server computer.
If the “QBCF Monitor Service not running on this computer” issue continues, follow the fourth solution.
Solution #4: Update QBDBSM to the latest released:
Installing the new updates for the QBDBSM can help you in fixing the QBCF Monitor Service failed error. Follow the below-described instructions:
- Open up QuickBooks to perform the recently launched update.
- From the Help tab, click Update QuickBooks.
- On the Update page, checkmark all the boxes of features and patches.
- Next, click Get Updates and wait until the latest update process gets complete.
- In the end, you will need to restart QuickBooks on both the workstation and server system.
If the error “QBCFService Stopped” is not fixed yet, read the conclusion.
We have provided all the problem-solving methods that you can use to fix QBCFMonitorService not running on this computer manually. In case you still meet this error, call us at +1(800) 314-0226 to get in touch with the QuickBooks Error Support team to eliminate this issue from the root.