Today in this blog, we are going to discuss Company File Compatibility Between Quickbooks Versions. QuickBooks has gained enormous popularity and is preferred by well-established companies worldwide. It has improved the way of managing accounting and bookkeeping, but users can open a company file through its compatible QB version only. If you’re a QuickBooks user, you must have an understanding of this thing, as well as this will help you tackle unexpected errors in the software.
We all know that the QuickBooks accounting software comes with multiple variants, and in case you have created a company file in another version, you may encounter an issue while opening the file. So here, we’ll provide you a complete guide to prevent unwanted problems. Apart from that, you will get to know how to run an old company file to a newer QB version. You only need to read this article till the end.
Important: “If you’re in a rush or want to save your time and efforts, you can directly contact our QuickBooks Error Support team by just dialing a toll-free number (800)-314-0226. Our experts are 24*7 available to assist you.”
Here’s about QuickBooks Versions and Editions
Before knowing about the Company File Compatibility Between Quickbooks Versions, you should understand the different QB versions and their editions.
- QuickBooks Products: QB Desktop Pro, Premier, and Enterprise.
- QuickBooks Versions: Every year, Intuit releases its newer version, such as QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2020 is different from QuickBooks Premier 2021.
- QuickBooks Editions: You can see multiple variants or edition within the Premier or Enterprise Solution for different purpose of businesses:
- General Business
- Manufacturing & Wholesale
- Professional services
Can Newer Versions of QuickBooks Open Older Versions?
Yes, it is possible. But to do so, you have to go through some steps that are the following.
- To upgrade your QB company file, ensure that you are logged in as an admin in the QuickBooks application. This step is a must while accessing the software in multi-user mode, where you need to determine users and roles.
- You should not update your company file on a network computer. If you want to renew your company file from a separate system, move/copy the company file in that system.
- After updating the data file, ensure moving it to the hosting/original system.
- Once you are done with the above steps, you can open that company file in the previous or older QuickBooks version.
- After all, you can restore the backup of data in the earlier version of QuickBooks.
Company file Compatibility between QuickBooks Versions
Let’s explore the Compatibility of QuickBooks Pro and Premier files.
- If you’re trying to open a company file of one country into another, it is not possible. For example, the company file formulated in a US version won’t be open into QuickBooks Canada.
- You can renew the older version of the company file created in a particular region. But after upgrading, you can not retrieve it to the previous version. Plus, you can open the file in the same QB version only.
- QuickBooks automatically asks to upgrade your company file whenever you open the older company file in a newer version. When the upgraded version is right next, your program will start converting an older company data file. If the company file does not upgrade, try to install an exact next version of QuickBooks.
Can you Save a QuickBooks File as an Older Version?
According to Intuit, you are not allowed to downgrade QuickBooks Company Files. But if you have an urgent need to export a QuickBooks File as an Older Version, you have to contact the support team.
Now you have an adequate understanding of Company File Compatibility Between Quickbooks Versions. If you have any concerns or did not find the answer to your query, feel free to call us anytime at a toll-free number (800)-314-0226. Our QuickBooks Error Support team is always ready to help you out. Also, they can fix all types of errors in case of standing there.