QuickBooks users often complain that I am unable to open Company File in my QuickBooks, and an error is showing on their computer screen. This is a common issue that is frequently occurring error nowadays. Though QuickBooks provides some remarkably great features and tools but might encounter different technical glitches besides. QB users generally become frustrated when they are unable to fix these kinds of issues. After reading this article, you will find the exact solution for Can’t open your company file in QuickBooks problem.
For expert help or any further information related to any QB query, you can make a call at our toll-free number +1(800) 314-0226 , and talk to our customer service team anytime.
QuickBooks not responding or Working when opening Company File ! Why?
Reasons might be different for different QB users due to which QuickBooks may crash to open the company file. Some of them are given below:
- When a QuickBooks company file gets damaged or corrupted.
- Share network is using the same file you want to open.
- You might be using incorrect ways to open specific files.
- If you are using the wrong QuickBooks version to open files.
- Lost or Damaged QBWUSER.INI file.
- Any issue with the QBW.tlg file.
Things you should know before fixing QuickBooks Won’t Open Company File issue.
Before knowing the processes to fix the QuickBooks cannot open company file error, it is better to know some points. Let us have a glance at the following things:
- You need to ensure that the QB software is updated to the newest released version.
- Check that only one computer is hosting the company file. If multiple systems are hosting, then you need to turn it off in all the computers:
- Go to the File menu
- Click on Utilities
- Select the stop hosting multi-user access
- After verifying, continue the steps
- Now, make sure that the QuickBooks desktop application is not infected.
- Press and hold the Ctrl key while initiating the QB software from the desktop icon.
- If the program crashes while opening, the issue might be with the QuickBooks desktop software.
Methods to fix Can’t open your company file in QuickBooks issue
Fix 1: Rename the .TLG and .ND extensions
- Firstly you need to open your QuickBooks company file folder location.
- Then you need to right-click on the transaction log file.
- Go to rename the file to (company file name)OLD.qbw.TLG.
- Now, open the company file.
- QuickBooks will create files of the “.TLG” and “.ND” extensions automatically.
- Make sure that you don’t erase or delete these files, as they could be utilized to recover lost data.
Fix 2: Open your company file directly using QB
- To open QB directly, follow the actions further File Menu >> Open/Restore Company >> Select the File you wish to open.
- To open the file, you need to Navigate to the folder where the file is located.
- Select the file and lastly click on Open.
Fix 3: Stop the automatic opening of QuickBooks Page
- Go to the No Company Open window.
- Locate and select your Company file.
- Press and hold the ALT key for a few sec.
- Click on Open.
If you can open it then,
- Follow the clicks actions Edit menu >> Preferences >> Desktop View.
- Here you need to click on Don’t save the desktop, then click OK.
Fix 4: Check your File Extension
- To check the extension, open the folder where the QuickBooks company file is located.
- Right-click on the company file.
- Then you need to click on Properties.
- Make sure that the file type is a QB Company file.
- Confirm that the file size is a minimum of 7MB.
- After that, click on Advanced.
- Notice that the Compress and Encrypt both options are checked.
- Finally, click on the OK.
Alternative Solutions: If the above-mentioned steps don’t work, you need to follow the below-given steps.
Fix 5: Replace the path of your company file
- Start with creating a new folder in your C: drive.
- Find the QuickBooks company file folder and open it.
- Press and hold the CTRL-key.
- Right-click on the company file while holding the key.
- Click on Copy.
- Go to the newly created folder, and Paste it there.
Fix 6: Rename QuickBooks company file
- Open the folder where the company file is placed.
- Now, right-click and go to the Rename section.
- The next is to replace the file name and ensure that the name does not surpass 3 letters.
- Also, check that the original file extension is not impacting.
- Lastly, if you observe any “.TLG” file for the same, then rename it as well.
Fix 7: Repair or Reinstall the software
Move the company file to another system, then attempt opening it on that pc. If it opens on this system, then there might be an issue with your pc or QuickBooks installation. In that case, you need to perform the below-mentioned processes.
- Run the QB Install Tool.
- Repair your installation.
- Perform a clean reinstall.
So we have described all the solutions to fix Can’t open your company file in QuickBooks issue. Also, you don’t need to search for “I am unable to open QuickBooks” anymore. If you find any difficulty during this process, our team is always ready to help QB users. Our QuicBooks error support Number is +1(800) 314-0226.
Also Read The Blog: QBDBMgrN Not Running on This Computer