1099 form is used by small businesses for independent contractors or freelancers. It is also known as the 1099 Misc Form, and in this article, we are going to discuss How to Print and E File 1099 Misc with QuickBooks Desktop. Before knowing that, you should know about the legal use and importance of this form. 1099-MISC forms are applied to report the non-salary earnings to the Internal Revenue Service IRS so that you can easily manage your freelancing workers and their payouts.
Types Of E-file 1099-MISC Forms
There are mainly three types of 1099 forms for different purposes. Let’s know its types and using purposes in your business.
This form is related to report the hard cash and check payments for rent, self-employment, independent professional, freelancers, etc.
This type of form is used to show the online or electronic payments that cannot be classified using 1099- MISC forms. QuickBooks users don’t fill this type of form as the e-payment companies such as Visa, PayPal, MasterCard, and American Express takes care of it.
The 1096 forms can be printed on pre-printed forms that gather all 1099 forms. So basically, in this article, we’ll only talk about the 1099-Misc Form.
Who Need A 1099-MISC Form In QuickBooks?
If you earn more than $600 during the year working as a freelancer, you should send them a 1099-MISC form. Also, it empowers you to report wage information to the IRS (Internal Revenue Service). If you make payments for the following categories, you will need to e-file the 1099-MISC Form:
- Awards and prizes
- Lawyer fees
- Pharmaceutical and health care payments
- Any non-employee payment, such as seller commissions, payment for expenses, and bonuses.
How do I print my 1099 MISC forms in QuickBooks?
If you are looking for “How to Generate 1099 MISC Forms from QuickBooks“, then you have to set up the vendors and independent contractors in QuickBooks to file their 1099s. Once you are done with these things, let us explain how to Print and E-file 1099 MISC with QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the ‘Workers’ menu and then choose ‘Contractors’ out of the new menu options.
- Then, go to the ‘Prepare 1099s’ below on this new window showing your list of contractors.
- After that, you have to check and confirm all the details to complete the form. After confirming all the information, click on the ‘Finish Preparing 1099s’ option.
- Now you have to click on the ‘Print’ button to move forward with the printing process of 1099 Misc.
- Here, you have reached the print section, then select the 1099 form standard and proceed.
- After proceeding, you should align the print format properly and run a few test prints to review and improve the final-print.
- When you are comfortable with the last print, click on the ‘Yes, looks good!’ button.
- At last, load the pre-printed forms in the printer and then open the ‘Print’ request.
Now are trained with the above-mentioned steps to Print 1099 Forms using QuickBooks. Now we will see the 1099 MISC E-File Service by QuickBooks.
Prepare and File 1099 Misc with QuickBooks Desktop
First, you have to accept the 1099 E-file Service from QuickBooks to be ready to Print and E file 1099 Misc with QuickBooks. If you have already subscribed to this service, then let us explain how to E-file 1099 Misc using QuickBooks.
- You have to click on the ‘List View’ option and then go to ‘E-file selected’ in the 1099 E-file service.
- After that, you need to enter your payment details and then confirm it.
- Finally, click on the ‘Pay and E-file’ button.
Now you have submitted your 1099 MISC form to IRS conveniently; you can click on the ‘List View’ to see the status. And its status should appear as ‘submitted’.
In this article, we described an easy way to Print and E file 1099 MISC with QuickBooks with complete steps. If you want our assistant to E file your 1099 MISC, then contact us at our QuickBooks Error Expert by just dialing +1(800) 314-0226.